Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New header tank cap needed SE 1989 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New header tank cap needed SE 1989

Hello everyone, I've got my dream car a few weeks ago, driven 300 mile trouble free then 3 weeks later checked the oil and water levels before starting up ( all fine and dandy) then one the temperature started to rise the header tank cap started to let water out.

I put it down to maybe not putting the cap on properly, I cooled it down checked it again, fired it back up and it still leaks.

Has anyone any pointers where I can purchase a new one ? Is it the same as one on another car?

I'm going to try pnm and a lotus dealer Monday other wise?

I'm still learning how the system works, it has the split charge cool and engine cooling system, the charge cool overflow chaffs on the header tank do I will be looking to get a new tank eventually, will the overflow tank in the near side wing with the pressure cap have any effect on the header tank cap if say there was s fault in there?

The cars only got 36,000 mile on it, I've service history and mot's to prove it and believe it was started regularly although not used, I've got it booked in for a cam belt on Thursday so I'm hoping the cap is simply the fault?

The car is a 1989 esprit se chargecooled

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers, got one from SJ Motorsport in devon posted up to me, and luckily it cured the problem, after checking the old cap it had corroded behind its rubber seal so lucky none of the bits fell in the tank

Here's the old cap all tired and corroded, worth checking behind the seal if you've got one that's been on from newpost-14973-0-13713400-1350420127.jpg