Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Festive Sunday lunch outing... - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Festive Sunday lunch outing...

dodge1979

As the time of year is approaching fast for group meals etc...its time to organise ours...its briefly been mentioned amongst the group previously and its my turn to take the organisation flag...

SO, as we all like to keep our outings less formal and more fun the idea is open to suggestions. So far, we could take a Sunday lunch at a decent place central to all attending, giving an equal distance of travel for all folks so its not a labour..which would evidently be in the similar area to the breakfast meets we attend.

Alternatively, we could take it as an end of the season hoon and arrange a destination dinner, but maybe keeping the distance to less than our usual trips, say and hours drive in one direction from a meet up point central to us all.

Dates that are suitable to all need to be finalised, id suggest either very late November or early December...too early and its just another trip out..too late and I guess commitments start to get i n the way..so for.those interested, please give your opinion and well decide from there...

Oh and one last thing, it would be nice to bring your better halfs!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sounds good to me Darren...

I'm quite versatile..

Early December sounds good, Lunch or dinner fine , somewhere Central, great.

Oh and we must all bring the Ladies out... But its not compulsory.

Have you anywhere in mind,?

Or has anyone else got suggestions. ? All idea's in the melting pot please..

Yes it would be good to meet..do you know which weekends your free yet or is it organized closer to the time for you? Im thinking of either.the 25th November or 2nd December, both are sundays..

Ok, so its looking like well settle on the 2nd December. Ive spoken to paul gt3 who is unable to make either date for prior commitments unfortunately. Next to decide is.destination. If a central location is prefered, then I can scout out a few places. If anyone has any suggestions of somewhere good near them or elsewhere within a reasonable distance of us all to travel, please let me know and we can get the ball rolling.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a little update. The general consensus is a central meet would be easier for all. That way, if its naff weather those that dont want to drive the lotus dont and those that do will still look cool B-) if its good weather on the day we could always make an ad-hoc trip out for coffee and cakes somewhere :-D

Ill take a look at good places locally and make a booking over the next week..somewhere that will have a good sunday menu and other choices too..if there are any dietary or allergen requirements let me know! We dont want anyone swelling up and turning purple n green...

Ps can anyone whos been unsure let me know for.sure over the next week!

Ok ive booked the red lion at hunningham...its a great place with excellent food (and beer. ;-) ) table booked for 12 so we can either arrange to meet there then, or if anyone is.unsure where it is they can head over my way and follow me in... Its not far from our breakfast meet location. Sunday menu has all the traditional choices and a few extras if anyone doesnt want that.... Their website is www.redlionhunningham.co.uk for details and directions.

So to recap those definately going...

1. Dodge1979 +1

2. Changes +1

3. Chris v8 +1

4. Oneshot +1

5. Palmergeddon +1

And for.those possibilities, can you please let me know asill need to adjust table size in plenty of time as this is an extremely popular venue!

Alex-gt3

Nigel

To recap, the table is.booked.for 12 bodies at 12 noon! The menu is traditional sunday offerings plus alternatives, however if anyone does want a Christmas menu ive been told its a book in advance what you want affair..if anyone does want this youll need to let me know this week..other than that, if anyone cant make it please let me know in advance out of courtesy...id hate for us.to be sitting there rumbling tummies waiting!.. The address is

The red lion

Main street

Hunningham

Cv339dy

• 2 weeks later...