Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Centre fresh air vent. What car is it from? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Centre fresh air vent. What car is it from?

Which car was the centre fresh air vent robbed from? Late dash BTW.

Looks a bit GM to me. Need a new one as mine has cracked.

Edited by V8 FOU

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

easy .. got a scrapyard replacement, as the plastic flaps on my original broke down by use of 'not :censored: dash cleaner' ..

look for the Rover/MG car, the small *200* or maybe it was labeled *25* in your market/model-year ..in a specific period they used to have those vents

vents003.jpg?t=1220913807

(outside as well)

$%28KGrHqV,!qME-ZV5U4mIBP5g-WObtw~~60_35.JPG

note -the MGZF/ and midengined TF styles are similar in design m´but do not match the shape

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Top spotting Gunter.

I had wondered where these were from. Lotus seem to scour the earth for the cheapest, flimsiest components. That these are from Rover (like the crap switches are from Peugeot), should come as no surprise; I got a centre vent in the Lotus sale and it was broken straight out of the box!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

think I added this long ago into the 'reference-list' ..but as with most of it there is no structure in this section, so a lot gets lost over time..

Anyway, I can't say something bad about the OEM-source, as my centre-vent worked fine for several years (mention it is an '98 model..) ..and only gave up as I tried to clean-wipe a not so good lookin spot that I had done on the dash while working on an different problem) ..but the cleaner was more an 'refreshner' with lots of alcoholic ingrediences ..those weakened the plastic, or lets say killed the strukture and as I tried to reposition the vent next day on driving it broke in pieces like 'glass'

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..