Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pleasant surprise with wheel alignment - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pleasant surprise with wheel alignment

• Gold FFM

I parked the other day in the garage and noticed that the left front predominantly was toe out. I knew there was a tyre place in town that had the epsrit specs in the alignment machine so booked it in and took it there this morning.

It came up out of spec, but not badly. Once the mechanic had adjusted the rear linkages on both sides, the front just about came into spec. Little bit of tweaking up front and all is good in the world.

Less than an hour to do and $65, thankyou very much.

I commented how reasonable that was and the owner said "Hey, it's a car like any other. Not going to charge you heaps just because it's a lotus."

Couldn't be happier. Guess who I'll recommend to anyone I know?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great if you can get somewhere competent to do it. I took mine somewhere locally that have a newish computerised alignment system and a person who obviously doesn't know what he's doing. He managed to operate the kit but when it came to adjustment "it's all shims and I don't have any", I knew it was shims, but I also knew it was a case of moving the existing shims, he couldn't understand that so I spent circa £100 and bought some old optical kit and now do it myself (I've since bought more kit at more expense but it means I can do camber, caster as well as toe.

I had mine done at a local chain shop years ago. Called a few days before asked them when a good time was and that I wanted a custom setting. They told me to come on a Saturday morning and their old experienced guy would be there.

He used a modern Hunter laser rack, then computer had the Esprit V8 and Sport 300 in the system, but no SE... So I told him what settings I wanted and he let me watch everything. Took about an hour, but came out great. They also only charged the normal rate of $60.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Hi, took my 1990 NA to a local garage last week. Very helpful and friendly. They did a lazer check front and rear and checked the settings against the owners manual, although on the limit of tolerance they said it was best to leave as it was still within factory settings. It hasn't previously been checked in my 10 years of ownership so very pleased with the result.

Said it was a joy to work on such a nice car and so didn't charge me!

I gave them a tenner for their tea and coffee supplies

Good service can still be found