Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which Tyres For Elise S1 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Tyres For Elise S1

Hi folks, I'm now going to purchase 4 new tyres for my car.

I'd like to know what people think are the best to go for.

Do I go for the Yoko Advan Neovas LTS, another suggestion was Toyo T1R or are there others which people have found to be good.

The car will be used mainly in the summer months therefore wet and dry conditions, but I wont be venturing on track.

I've got the early type alloys and was going for 195/50/15 front and 225/45/16 rear.

Any advise would be appreciated thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Toyo T1R - a new pair of fronts arriving today from http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ £61.80 each fitted at your home or work. I've used Yokos and would say they are superior but not at the price difference and prone to wearing the shoulders causing tramlining.

Don't fit Toyo PX4, they are not designed or suitable for our cars and not made in the rear sizes.

oops - mised that! I normally buy 888s from Camskill but local tyre fitters charge £20/tyre for fitting so went with event tyres for inclusive home fitting and disposal of old tyres.

local tyre fitters charge £20/tyre for fitting

Mine charge that for all 4 :huh: Sounds pricey mate, might be worth shopping around next time.

You could have had a pair of tyres fitted for £10 more than 1 tyre at the price you've paid. Just saying! :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Can I just add Yoko AD08 to the mix too - well suited to the requirements of the OP and the car and arguably a better tyre than the Neova LTS. Although for the money the T1-R's suggested above are hard to beat.

AD08

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

• 3 months later...

Have been using Toyo T1Rs for last year and a half (20k + miles) and they're pretty good. Handling was crisper with the Advan LTSs - but as others have said, huge price difference made me change.

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!