IGNORED

new yrs day

dodge1979

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Cotswold Classic Club meet at the Frogmill Andoversford, nr Cheltenham, I'm not a member but if the weather is half decent I might take a gander, not a bad run - down to Stow on the Wold then cross country on the B4068. Kick off is 11.30

I got this through which sheds light.

Trevor.

NEW YEAR'S DAY CLASSICS

New Year's Day is not be missed at Brooklands if you are a fan of Classic Vehicles. The event attracted around 1000 vehicles of all types and some 4,500 people to the Museum on a wintry morning to welcome 2012 in a classic way. We believe it to have been the largest New Year classic gathering in the UK; can we do the same for 2013?

You'll find vehicles of all types from Vintage through to modern sports cars via hot rods, motor cycles, commercials and more. Pre-1973 classics and pre-booked car clubs enter via the Campbell Gate, other parking will be in The Heights. So please join us from 10am to 4pm at Brooklands where all the catering facilities will be open serving turkey-free lunches and snacks. For non-members arriving in classics there is £1 off the usual admission price and of course it is all free for Brooklands Trust Members.

I'll get around to it at some point.

There is a Cotswold Classic Club meet at the Frogmill Andoversford, nr Cheltenham, I'm not a member but if the weather is half decent I might take a gander, not a bad run - down to Stow on the Wold then cross country on the B4068. Kick off is 11.30

Tip:

Update any road angel/sat nav/warning system you have.

:thumbup:

Those roads: Stow, broadway. Moreton, shipston and fosse way are my playground. In the past few months they have been installing DS2 speed traps under the road.

If these are new to you, then the DS2 is a trap under the road that the van parks up and logs onto: there is nothing for you to see, by the time you have seen the van you will have already been over the trap.

Three months ago the updates on my POGO started to add these, and if it's quiet and I drive slow enough I can see the fresh loop of tarmac where they have been laid, and the small transmitter box in the grass. You would never see them, and as they are still going in there will be many yet to be on the updates.

There IS a speed camera sign before each set so you will have past a sign. But they are tricky, for example, at Shipston on Stour there is a camera sign and the truvelo that has always been there (that the sign has always been for), then 100 yards after you have passed the camera and see open road and freedom! - there is a new DS2 buried in the road, the van parks out of sight round the corner.

Keep 'em peeled.

:)

The guy own the road from me seems to have a show on but given that midnight is only 29 minutes away and it's 10806.86 miles or : 17391.47 Kilometers from you guys you'll never make it now. Damn it I should have told you all earlier. I knew i'ld forgotten something.

Happy new year to you all in the chilly North

Cheers from jbee in sunny Tasmania :)

Brooklands is awesome, great place to spend an afternoon wandering around. 

Indeed! Don't miss the Wellington Hanger!

My dad was ten during the second world war and lived near rugby, they used to play on planes crashed in local fields, I took this video of the Brooklands Wellington to show him. Him and his brothers nicked loads of machine gun shells from a badly guarded wellington crash...

There is a nice meet that I usually go to at Hartley Wintney and I'll probably pop down there. It's at The Green Dragon and the cars are in the car park and along the road. A very good mix of everything there usually.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Tip:   Update any road angel/sat nav/warning system you have. :thumbup:   Those roads: Stow, broadway. Moreton, shipston and fosse way are my playground. In the past few months they have been installing DS2 speed traps under the road.   If these are new to you, then the DS2 is a trap under the road that the van parks up and logs onto: there is nothing for you to see, by the time you have seen the van you will have already been over the trap.   Three months ago the updates on my POGO started to add these, and if it's quiet and I drive slow enough I can see the fresh loop of tarmac where they have been laid, and the small transmitter box in the grass. You would never see them, and as they are still going in there will be many yet to be on the updates.   There IS a speed camera sign before each set so you will have past a sign. But they are tricky, for example, at Shipston on Stour there is a camera sign and the truvelo that has always been there (that the sign has always been for), then 100 yards after you have passed the camera and see open road and freedom! - there is a new DS2 buried in the road, the van parks out of sight round the corner. Keep 'em peeled. :)
Thank you for the heads- up