Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exhaust manifold design test result.. - Page 6 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exhaust manifold design test result..

Just to complete as per gixxer my car is set up....

S4 engine, brand new, 6,000 miles

De catted

Stainless straight through exhaust

Electric charge cooler

Re chipped #4

Still to do list

New T35, 360 hybrid turbo

Ram air

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bit late posting this but I actually picked mine up from Alunox as I was working in the area.  Leon is a really nice guy and very knowliedgable.  Any doubts i had about his credentials disappeared when I walked into the workshop and saw what else he was working on, lightweight E type, Cobra, and Surtees F1 car.

Can't wait to fit it now, just waiting for a free weekend to go over to my mates in Wales who has a big workshop with a lift.  I will take lots of piccies and post the install.  I am also decatting the car as well as getting the Turbo refurbed/upgraded as i figure that 17 years of having bits of cast fired at it wont have done it much good.

• 6 years later...
  • Gold FFM

@CHANGES, Dave, your original post was great, extremely enlightening! Do you know if/what simulation tools were used to help design the Alunox manifold? I only ask as I work for a company who develops CFD (computational fluid dynamics) software and would love to apply it to this manifold geometry, comparing and contrasting the fluid dynamics behaviour with the original manifold. Such a study would require a CAD model of both, which I assume would not be forthcoming due to IP concerns. Unless you know otherwise?

In the field of the design of flow systems the use of a relatively new approach, topology optimisation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topology_optimization), is becoming more widespread. See for example this abstract: https://www.sae.org/publications/technical-papers/content/2017-01-1339/ Huge opportunity to be applied to manifold design. Considering I've just bought an S4 with an Alunox manifold I'm more than a little eager to do some studies myself :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1