Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nearly the 2 year itch and time to move on - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Nearly the 2 year itch and time to move on

I have had and enjoyed my Esprit V8 for nearly two years now but with my daughter about to go to University and my role becoming the taxi service to Norwich on a fairly regular basis I have decided to sell the Esprit and buy a Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG which I think will provide a comfortable 4 seater for such occasions.

I was in the process of trying to make the car one of the best examples in the country but as with all these things events occur which scupper the laid plans of mice and men like me. I have no doubt I will see everyone at the Lotus do in Donnington as my company will probably still be 'doing the roof' to the Exhibition Centre for a few more years yet.

Edited by B1 RMA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck David.  Lets hope you can sell the esprit as swiftly as the last time round.  I now know the chap who bought it from you the last time & he was really disappointed at losing out on such a nice example.

regards steve.

Thanks Steve, I can only truly appologise to him, trouble was at that time the Aston Martin, the 360 Modena and the Porsche (due to depreciation issues)were not twice as good as the Esprit for twice the money. The other guy I really hacked off was the chap from Guildford who sold his M3 to buy the Esprit as well. I have explained to him that since it was last up for sale it has new discs and pads plus new air-con refurb all for the same price as last time so my dithering has made the car a better prospect this time round. So far 5 people from Pistonheads have been in contact and two have had a drive but I'm in no great hurry as the right AMG hasn't been found yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I sold the car this morning, the new owner and his wife will I am sure will be joining this forum and be making it along to the Newlands Corner meets as they live not far from there. I'll be sad to see it go and again had a lot of interest in the car with two people trying to sell their cars to be able to buy mine but as I said it's a first come first served basis. I am sure that the car will be looked after properly as well as the new owner seems to have the right attitude for Lotus ownership.

Have you got the Merc in the garage already?

No I am also looking at a Maserati Quattroporte (not the Duo Select)her indoors said if I buy another before selling the Espirt there will be hell to pay. I doubt very much whether that would be any different myself but thought it would be better not to clog up the drive.

I mentioned to the chap who bought it to join here as it is a helpful place for info and getting to know other Lotus minded people so hopefully he will be joining the ranks of TLF soon.