Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My photos and welcome - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My photos and welcome

Aussie kid

Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome to the Forum.

I have sent a few photos of my new Lotus to a few people who have made contact via email.

But here is a short update and if I get it right a few photos of the Lotus. Will also add a photo of my other cars - a challenge for a computer Luddite..:lol:

I first had the opportunity to drive a Lotus at a track day in Victoria and was obviously impressed. A call a few months later from a McDonalds store owner in New South Wales highlighted that his local dealer was making a very substantial donation to Ronald McDonald House for any Audi purchased.

I had a little bit of an interest in an Audi A5 convertible there having had a modified BMW 330.

Anyway long story short he sent an email with the Audi dealer showroom photo - guess what an Evora was sitting lurking in the background reading to pounce..:lol:.

As they say the rest is history.

Modifications to date to the Evora are basic with a Larini by pass pipe and Larini exhaust.....:lol:

Anyway if I get it right here are a few photos.....

post-15038-0-77030900-1359494655.jpgpost-15038-0-79671000-1359494693.jpgpost-15038-0-74861200-1359494716.jpgpost-15038-0-54803600-1359494813.jpgpost-15038-0-24172800-1359494847.jpg

Sorry I will try and locate a picture or two of my garage for those that have emailed me.

post-15038-0-56355100-1359495115.jpg

post-15038-0-05889800-1359495149.jpg

post-15038-0-53957900-1359495235.jpg

Edited by Aussie kid

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....very impressive - the Evora has some nice companions and they all fit together - I would be interested ( maybe you could be so Kind to answer that question After you have spend some Time with the Evora) if the Evora is just a modern Sports Car for you or if it has something Special that separees it from your other ( very classical) Cars.

Enjoy your Evora!

Thanks guys.

The Evora was a purchase made quite quickly.

I have watched the Discovey channel Megafactories Lotus story, so knew a bit about Lotus. Seeing the Evora in a picture taken at the dealers showroom, I found I was looking past the A5 he was selling me at the Lotus behind in the photo.

It was just a quick reaction to it and I managed to get it.

It is 8 inches higher than the GT40. It is slightly easier to get into as the GT40 has fuel tanks along the side.

The bulk head is immediately behind the drivers seat as the engine and transaxle are in the front back line not east west. The Evora is a lot quiter as the GT40 has eight trumpets sucking air behind your ear. Not to mention cam chain rattle as well.

The GT40 is a similiar weight and has 330mm rotors and four pot calipers. I was amazed at the size of the calipers and pistons on the Lotus and its stopping ability.

The lotus hangs on like a go kart through owners whilst the GT40 tends to oversteer with power on. Hard to say which would be quicker around the track.

The Lotusis rated at 275hp and the GT40 at 455hp... Mmmm ..:lol:

The Gt40 has leather seats with large eyelets and the rest is aluminium. So not a lot of creature comforts or noise deadening!!

Importantly my wife will ride in the Lotus but I cannot get her in the GT40 - not sure if that is good or bad..:lol:

post-15038-0-51640900-1359543164.jpgpost-15038-0-37073900-1359543214.jpg Edited by Aussie kid

• Gold FFM

I'll get round to say hi sometime soon Bernie. Had a bit going on lately. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ramjet

Michael

No problem. Yes busy also here. Best via email on. kni-time@bigpond.net.au

Or my mobile 0408 564448.

Yes more than happy for you to call in at anytime.

I will be in your suburb for the opening of that new store on the Bellarine Highway..

Just an update.

The Larini by pass and exhaust is now fitted to the Evora with the heavy old exhaust now stored - just in case a future buyer wants it.

With the by pass in place and the new Larini on, I thought I would head down over the hills and back along the Great Ocean Road. This road is a well known race track for road racing bike riders.

Not wanting to give to much away, it is worth an early morning run on day break prior to highway radars and the law enforcement out in place etc.

I picked up a Ducati 916 and decided to hang on him - at a safe distance through the hills - to say we were both flying is an understatement. I could see him dragging both the foot peg and his knee.

The Lotus was a handful as it hung on really tightly in the corners and I had to watch oversteer and just let it drive through the corners. As I drove further I realized that it was literally a Go Kart in full size.

My wrists were aching and I was getting thrown around a bit to much for my liking in a lap/sash belt. Never the less I stuck with him and stopped eventually for a coffee when he stopped for fuel.

Our discussion was around the car and he realizing I was hanging on behind him. He was aware that I had slid and drifted a bit and was amazed that I had stayed with him on the Ducati bike. I did not let on that I was at 9/10ths with little idea just how far I could push the Lotus.

The comparison between the Lotus and my GT40 - the GT40 would have no problem running him down once out of the corners, but I think the power into corners would see far more slide and drift on power needed to power through the corner. The Lotus just rolled through with little acceleration change and the brakes touched to settle it down.

I found you don't need to be aggressive with the Lotus, just even on acceleration, steering and braking evenly not stabbing.

Lotus owners who have been around the bend/s will know my feeling.

• Gold FFM

I've been along the Great Ocean Road a couple of times since being here. Took a mate that I caught up with that I used to ski with. He thought it was a lot of fun as well. Always novel following someone into one of the bends and finding myself thinking "Why are you braking?" :hrhr:

Don't know the back road through the hills to get down there so will have to catch up with you and chat. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ramjet

Michael,

Birregura to Forest across the Otways down into Lorne. Tight and sweeping fast bends.

Alternative and obviously longer is into Colac turn tight left to the Great Ocean Road, then down over the Otways and steep drop down into Apollo Bay, well worth doing but early to avoid the radars!!

Then back along The Great Ocean Road.

If you go down very early you need to be careful driving back between Lorne and Anglesea as the road bikes really hammer through the corners and are often on the double lines. They seem to start heading down about 7 to 8.00am from Geelong.

Solarshaun

It is under utilized if it is parked in the garage - everything else is funnnnn..

Definitely not in the garage: I've put 6000 miles on it since purchase in November. Shame most of it's been through snow and rain and ice... Can't wait for some nicer weather and some time off work. I'm thinking West of Scotland... (Victoria's a little too far away) It's the hatchback that doesn't get used!