Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
KomoTec Phase 1 - +37 HP - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

KomoTec Phase 1 - +37 HP

Good news from KomoTec. They have just published the first data on their Stage 1 tune for the Exige S: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Komo-Tec-GmbH/252159444828514

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

I believe stage 2 has to to with an alternative air box. On facebook they stated that both Stage 1 nd 2 would be out after easter.

So, start saving your easter eggs. :bounce:

• 3 months later...

I believe stage 2 has to to with an alternative air box. On facebook they stated that both Stage 1 nd 2 would be out after easter.

So, start saving your easter eggs. :bounce:

now Phase 2 is avaible

http://www.komo-tec.com/LOTUS-Exige-V6/Leistungsphasen-Exige-V6/Phase-2-EX410-power-increase-ca-54hp::859.html

check out this awesome clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgUr88RT8uw

The gearboxes and certainly the clutches are having very hard times with the standard power, especially when tracked. Aadding 54 hp and certainly giving more torque, won't help I'm afraid.

A standard Exige V6 is already a rocket at the tracks, really scary fast...

But I must admit the video looks cool ;-)

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

• 2 weeks later...

The gearboxes and certainly the clutches are having very hard times with the standard power, especially when tracked. Aadding 54 hp and certainly giving more torque, won't help I'm afraid.

A standard Exige V6 is already a rocket at the tracks, really scary fast...

But I must admit the video looks cool ;-)

Having a hard time - do you want to expand on that with examples of what's actually happened. There can't be too many out there that are being heavily tracked yet.

I'm not that impressed by the video. He's posted a slower time to 60 than Autocar did in their test two up with a full tank of fuel.

I read on their website that stage 1 was sports cats, air filter, exhaust system (including manifolds) and ecu tinkering.

Stage 2 adds a bit more boost with a smaller pulley. No mention of intercoolers.

It would be interesting to see the gains if someone developed a good intercooler option. Should be pretty healthy.

Looks like there's a lot of potential in that V6. I'm quite sure the brakes and suspension are well up to it but no idea what the gearbox can handle.

If it's this easy and the reliability is retained then Lotus should offer such an upgrade path that retains the factory warranty like say Mountune do with Ford. They'd sell loads of them although the reliability is the key thing, especially of the drivetrain.

Agreed but it might not help sales of the new Exige 400S or whatever Lotus decide to call it when it comes out.