Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stainless Manifold - another 10 off group buy. - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stainless Manifold - another 10 off group buy.

Hi all, I have been speaking to Leon at Alunox, it is possible that he can make another batch of stainless steel 321 headers as featured in Changes posts.

I could repair mine but the possiblity of a near future failure concerns me, if I can get 9 other buyers together the price could be interesting, I will confirm this with Leon later today but for the moment I need to know if anyone else would be interested in group buy.

1. Dave Freeman

Hi folks, I went up to Alunox on Tuesday (north Wales) and I have to say I was impressed by the skills and expertise there. The facilities are top notch and if owners of valuable historic F1 cars are happy to have work done there then I am also happy.

So for me, careful consideration of Leon himself, the facilities, Knowledge and expertise in the business I am happy that the product provided will be as good as it gets for the money. 

As with everything Lotus there is a risk, if you think the manifold will last a lifetime, either yours or the car then do not buy one and you will not be disappointed. It will not last forever, however, the way it is made does allow for replacement of each exit pipe and collector (5 parts make up the manifold) form discussions with Leon, Changes and others I am confident enough to have bought one myself.

I understand that a small number will be available at the Donnington show. For the bulk buy Leon has advised me that the price  would be £1,000 plus vat, and delivery. If you want one then get your name on the list, I am happy to act as go between and please be assured that I am doing this solely for the benefit of the forum members and will not gain financially in any way.

Dave

Dave.. Are you going to the Donnington show? If not anyone else? Have contact for Leon?

If he has some at the show wanted to see if I could get in contact and buy one! Sadly I cannot come as the flight across the pond, etc. would be too much and not sure how US Customs would react!

I'd be happy to pay someoine for their time so I dont have to wait for the next batch to be produced!

THANKS!

I am not going to be able to make the show, I am on a stag weekend with my future son-in-law, Dave Lisle will be there (changes) I will talk to him and Leon to see how we can help you.

Dave

Anyone have estimates,or actual pulls on a 1994 S4 or similar without all the mods the one in the youtube dyno has? Curious as to gains on one not quite so modified... THanks!

THANKS DAVE! Really appreciate it!

I am not going to be able to make the show, I am on a stag weekend with my future son-in-law, Dave Lisle will be there (changes) I will talk to him and Leon to see how we can help you.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Really appreciate it!

Anyone have estimates,or actual pulls on a 1994 S4 or similar without all the mods the one in the youtube dyno has? Curious as to gains on one not quite so modified... THanks!

Kenny

I do know of at least one who has dyno data prior to this new manifold being

fitted, It has the usual mods, not over the top mods like mine, I am sure this will

go back on the dyno when it if all done, this will be the best comparison to gains

on the stock set up to date.. 

WOOT! Dialed up Leon and paid for! Hopefully wont take too long for delivery to Dallas Texas! FYI.. Can remove me from the next group buy..

I know a similar manfold on my 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo did wonders increasing spool up of the turbos and TQ and HP gains! Cannot wait to get it installed!

Plus it sure is pretty!

Ok. So list so far is :-

1. Kenny West

2. Steven D

3. Dave Byrne

4. Andrew Kinmond

5. Ulrik Beock

6. Me.

We still need more folks, anyone else need new pipes.

I will hold this open for another few weeks then speak with Leon to what we can do with the price, keep watching tis space.

Dave

Favor of someone in the UK? Im in Texas and keep missing calling Leon when hes at work.. Bought exhaust and he was waiting on gaskets, said last week would ship and be to me by today, 8th. Nothing yet and have emailed a couple times with no reply.. Someone here mind ringing him and asking him to email me status, tracking info, etc.?

THANKS!

Kenny West