Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1980 LOTUS ELITE 504 BLUE, NEW INTERIOR. LOADS OF HISTORY - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1980 LOTUS ELITE 504 BLUE, NEW INTERIOR. LOADS OF HISTORY

ebay

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because they saw something underpriced, bought it, and felt they could turn it round and make money.

It's clearly been bought by a dealer who sees value and profit. Hope it finds a caring owner next time round who will fix its little issues.

It looks lovely, but no mention of the chassis condition. As a scot from West Lothian, I can attest that WLDC do tend to throw a ridiculous amount of salt on the roads which eats cars.... If this one has been a garage queen and only been used on nice sunny dry days, chances are it'll be fine, but if its been left outside.

It is unlikely someone would go to the expense of re-trimming, if the chassis was crusty. I remember seeing a dark blue elite a few times ont he West of Edinburgh as a kid (including my mum being overtaken round the outside on a hairpin.....) It could well be the same car.

I guess the chassis is always the big question. Still I would take a gamble on it, worst case a new one can always be fitted. Hope this one finds a good home, at least if its sold down South it will only be a drive home and not a 400+ transporter free. Will be an interesting watch. Dunc, do u think the waist trim has been removed and filled? Cheers.

i still have a galvanized chassis (also for sale..)

but i think the chassis will be a question, because the owner dont talk about it,

most of the times that will say enough, (a guy how is looking for a elite, and did some research know that he must look good to the chassis...)

interior looks good, just as mine elite with black leather,

It is unlikely someone would go to the expense of re-trimming, if the chassis was crusty.

i experienced the opposite:  a lot of owners spent thousands of pounds in the visual apperance of the car: e.g. a spot-on paintjob, new real leather interior, refurbed wheels etc.......but the car was still sitting on the original, definitively rusty, chassis.

the waistband trim has been removed and the body slightly flattened.

the wheels look oversprayed (completely) in silver , incl. centre-caps and wheel-nuts....what a botch!!!

the original clock is missing, a big hole in the centre-console from a missing radio.

cambelt cover is missing

and its an automatic!!

Edited by Elite7

• Gold FFM

If anyone is interested I have a new galvanised chassis on an old Elite which will be being sold off very shortly along with a list of other Elite parts.

John.