Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Insurance - Lotus Insurance - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Insurance

hopo

Anyone else had a letter from Footman James (or similar) stating that they can no longer provide cover from renewal date... Not impressed really

Whos hot whos not on insurance right now?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is with Heritage (Norton) insurance. I have found them ok, although I am not sure why I have it insured for 5000 miles a year while it is in 1000 bits going nowhere!!

I ditched FJ last year on price.  Their quote for the Elise and Esprit was over £600, Classicline was half that and thats who I am with.

The Esprit (S2) is £180 ish so your cars should be similar.  I may have to leave it outside soon and they have said the premiuim will remain but excess will go up.

FJ also pi$$ed me off for wanting £20 admin fee just for a change of address.  They never got it.

Edited by Nelly9000

manning uk.  £312.00 including trackday cover/5000 miles p.a. myself & mrs to drive.  on a v8 se

Hagerty will only take you if you are over 30 if not try adrian flux

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Just had my renewal letter, £329 + £35 for European Breakdown from Classicline, 3000 miles restriction but fixed payout.

Will check a couple of others, looking at the above.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

I canned FJ, having been with them for decades, after very poor service following my one and only ever car insurance claim, when I was biffed from behind whilst stopped in a traffic jam. All they wanted to tell me was that I couldn't claim for whiplash...which I hadn't claimed for anyway. Now with Hagerty. 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Just renewed mine 5 mins ago.

Classicline quoted £329.80, UK breakdown cover and homestart,  £38 extra for Euro breakdown (which I need for a trip to France. sorry, want and hopefully not need! )

Hagerty quoted £340 to include the Euro cover. The chap I spoke to gave the impression he knew what he was taking about, not reading off a screen.

Both seem like organised companies, unlike the AA who didn't seem to have a clue and quoted over £700.

I'm sticking with Classicline as they matched the price of Hagerty and I am already with them.

Edited by Whirlybird

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !