Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1982 LOTUS ECLAT very rare series 2.. RIVIERA model with TARGA top. 2.2litre. - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1982 LOTUS ECLAT very rare series 2.. RIVIERA model with TARGA top. 2.2litre.

ebay

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder where this guy got this car from? If it wasn't a Riviera I would say it wasn't worth too much. Nice to see one in silver though although the paintwork does look a bit a grim. I am always slightly concerned when a car is pictured in the farm/ barn yard type setting. I think with these cars some kind of history really is essential just to see that the old girl has been looked after...,

Think it cropped up on Ebay very recently with pics still inside the barn and covered in muck (the expensive type that boosts auction prices ;) )

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Looks like the seller is a dealer from his feedback, he bought it for £1800 in Febuary , probably why he does not want v5 in his name upping the previous number of keepers.

I remember seeing a similar (the same??)  silver Eclat Riviera in an auction at Beaulieu Autojumble May 2011, it looked tidy, fetched between £1200-£1400 from memory..... 

its NOT sold: Auction ended, reserve not met!!! by the way: anybody knows the set "reserve"-price?

i think the actual seller expected to make a big deal cause of the brand name "Lotus", surplus a riviera model.

he seems not really experienced with the value of those moels and his dream making a huge profit will burst like a bubble.

Liam - if he'd sold it for that it wouldn't be £90 profit as there is the cost to him of collecting it, and the fees/commission etc on the ebay sale. Hence he probably has the reserve set at a level where he covers his costs and makes a profit.

He might do better if he looks at is closely enough to notice the sills aren't metal - better still get it running and MOTd etc.

Mat.

Apologies-the tidy Eclat Riviera I saw at Beaulieu was a black one not silver (-my memory playing tricks). It was definitely a Riviera though. 

Edited by basalte

I see what you mean Mat, about the costs. I think my £90 profit was based on the purchase and sale price not considering other costs. I guess this guy must be thinking he's made a mistake in buying it for £1800? His best bet is probably to get it MOT'd and the car would most likely fetch 2.5 - 3 k +

I agree. It is a £1000 car really as it is and as someone who deals in cars day in and day out I wouldn't have paid more. But Lotus's are weird in terms of resale values.

Who would think that a 2 seater from 1974-8 (Esprit) would make over £20k for a decent one and yet it's equivalent 4 seater (Elite/Éclat) only make £4500 for a good one.

If I was him I'd sell it at £2k now (if he can) and get out of it before spending thousands on MOT'ing it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer