Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sky TV - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sky TV

Bibs

We got a letter through on Monday asking for us to get some info from the HD+ box and enter it into a Sky website. Ever since we've had no access to the paid channels and I've spent a couple of hours on the phone to idiot who think keep turning it on and off will fix it. There's an engineer coming Friday who is instructed to stay until it's fixed (they did suggest I'd like to pay £65 for this, but that's not gonna happen!).

If you get that letter, don't do it on the day Game of Thrones is on. That is all. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the basic rule is never to tell Sky anything....and keep the box isolated from phone lines, too!

Paranoid? Me? (!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Nope, same card and box we've had since HD came out, we've not even taken it out. They ran a software update (unplug them plug back in with backup depressed) then tried to re-pair it but no luck, hence the engineer who will no doubt end up replacing the box & card. All because they wanted to make sure we could still view all the channels we pay (a small fortune) for. 

This is like last night! Yup, it is! They all worked fine until this update on their website on Monday. It's a software issue back at HQ telling them my card isn't entitled to my packages. 

What is usually needed in these cases is to do a callback through the box itself, this usually gets it up and running immediately.

If you can plug it into a phone socket I can talk you through the callback procedure.

They called ay 5.30 and said it'll be fixed in 4 hours. They called again at 9.30 to check and when it still isn't working said it'll be another 12 hours. They've now set up a dedicated team and phone number as more people are doing this and losing all their channels!

We have lost all our "Series Linked" programmes! Came on Monday and all the programs we watch were gone! Also it doesn't give us a "summary" of the programme we are looking at.

Do you think this is the same sort of thing matey?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Completely different, you've just broke it when you were drunk last night.

Mine's all back and working now, no intervention from our end so I assume Sky discovered their arse and elbow are different and worked it out on their computers.

Who said I was drunk last night? Are you stalking me again?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Seeing as how that was the first time I have had some drinks in 6 days it musta been bloody boring the rest of the time!!

Hey! Wait a minute....you didn't see me exploring my special place did you?

Whilst the TV channels are back, the catch up options aren't available (yet?)  so we can't catch up on anything we've missed due to the issues all week. 

Broke again.They rung up and fcuked it  up trying to get the catchup to work.

Somehow at 7.15pm PM they are going to get a new viewing card in the post, special delivery, to arrive tomorrow. Fat chance I'd have thought and fat chance of that working, although if it does, why didn't they do that on Monday.

It's all good though, they're kindly not going to charge me for the days I've not been able to watch the channels we pay for. Nice. I'd love to invoice them £100/hour for the 4 hours I've been on the phone to them so far this week.

Obviously the viewing card didn't arrive on Saturday but they did cancel the current one on Friday night which was good.

I called today to cancel, they just put me through to the technical team ( :huh:) who have asked me to wait until the card arrives (tomorrow allegedly) to see if that works. I didn't call to be told to wait until tomorrow, I called to cancel. 

We can't get Virgin Media as we live on a farm in the middle of fields and it's overhead wires, no fibre optic here. Anyone use a good alternative service?