Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
oil cooler pipe nut size? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

oil cooler pipe nut size?

i need to remove my radiator pack, does anyone know what size the oil cooler nuts are? they look 20mm +

it's an 88 turbo

Thanks

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assuming its the same as an S3 Turbo its imperial, one and one eighth of an inch across flats.

I have an open ended spanner in the garage.

Based in Newbury Berks if you are local you are welcome to borrow it.

John

Edited by Mr_John111

The nuts will have corroded onto the hose fittings.  They are a nightmare to get out. In most cases the cooler stems will shear of.  One route is to cut through  the hose 6-8" back from the fittings, Then rejoin later with a sleve and hose clips. Otherwise you may end up pulling new hoses through from the rear.  I think this was a Lotus bits idea.  Have you got one cooler in the middle or 2 , one each side.

post-1261-0-92511900-1370629188.jpg

Edited by mdw

That's a fair shout mdw

However, oblivious to this when I removed the oil cooler from Sue's 84 TE I just gave it a squirt of plus gas, a little heat from an electric heat gun and the unions undid as good as gold.

I did hold / steady the pipe at the 90 degree bend to stop it turning

John

Hi

I have one in the middle, I have given them a soak of WD and wont touch them over the weekend (doing a flat up) 

I'll give it a go with some heat and spanners if it's no go i'll cut the sleeve as you suggest malcolm.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"