Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is this the last JPS Esprit? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is this the last JPS Esprit?

v8vantage

Does anyone know this Commemorative Esprit that is laying distraught in Germany after a fire in the early 1980s. It has come up for sale a few times but no mention has been made of the chassis number. It may well be the last one built, ROW 278J.

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

lotus005.jpglotus003.jpglotus012.jpg

Hi Roo,

My Esprit is ROW#27 Chassis number #79070275J So I guess I've got the las ever made JPS Esprit :harhar: 

It's in a very good condition...so better life than the one on the picture :-(

You can see a photoshoot of mine here

Enjoying it a lot!!!!

:-)

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS #27 -restoration process-

Now THAT'S what i call a restoration project.

Cheers,

John W

Hi Roo,

My Esprit is ROW#27 Chassis number #79070275J So I guess I've got the las ever made JPS Esprit :harhar:

It's in a very good condition...so better life than the one on the picture :-(

You can see a photoshoot of mine here

Enjoying it a lot!!!!

:-)

I like how you get your car wink (one headlamp only up) in picture 32.

Hey Franky someone has vandalised your car. They stuck their initials "JPS" all over it. :harhar:

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

Hahahaha... It was like that when I bought it, and kind of like it now!!!!

I like how you get your car wink (one headlamp only up) in picture 32.

Actually I was trying to fix that... the car is doing this every time he sees a camera :-)

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS #27 -restoration process-

It's great to see the Commemorative cars getting the attention they deserve. Well done to Franky for restoring his, too many have sat like the one in the upper pictures....neglected for years.

When I got mine six months ago it needed sorting before I could use it. It's now back on the road and getting better with every run. Here's a few shots.

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

image_url-14808-1371698515.jpg

image_url-14808-1371699097.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

A friend of mine owns UK No.092 and has done since the early 80s. It has been unused for approx 20 years.

Cheers Mike

RIP???  Its in fantastic condition has done less approx 40,000 miles and I am helping him to return it to the road hopefully later this summer. 

He will never sell it he loves it so much, he had a JPS Europa before the Esprit.

Cheers Mike

Edited by G_Reaper2

I was referring to the one at the top of this thread and if your mate's restored that to fantastic condition then fair play to him.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Nop not the one at the top of the thread I said I knew where no. 092 has been for most of its life. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers Mike:ermm:

• 2 weeks later...

Another bit of info. My friend Jim's car does not have World Champion written in the Gold stripe on the doors he was informed that the factory had no "World Champion " decals left when they produced his car as it was possibly the last produced. Ltd Edition No.92 Domestic Chassis.

Cheer Mike

Interesting story Mike, but they built another 40 cars for various parts of the world after #092. My build records show it as being built in April 1979 and registered in August, they continued building Commemorative Edition cars until July. I know in the USA one buyer requested the "World Champion" sticker be removed before delivery. It may have happened to your mates car. Do you have any photos of it, this is the only one I have registration FJF626V, is that correct?

092.JPG

I'd love to see some pics also. Its interesting that lotus, even for the special editions, often ran out of trim, material, decals, cam covers, bumpers etc and just fitted what they had.

I replaced my headlining/cantrail/header trim last year and when the grey material arrived from SJ it clearly was different to the beige colour original (looked 38 years old to me) that was in my car. I matched the beige, and kept the colour.

IMG_1732.PNG

IMG_2403.JPG

12 hours ago, v8vantage said:

Interesting story Mike, but they built another 40 cars for various parts of the world after #092. My build records show it as being built in April 1979 and registered in August, they continued building Commemorative Edition cars until July. I know in the USA one buyer requested the "World Champion" sticker be removed before delivery. It may have happened to your mates car. Do you have any photos of it, this is the only one I have registration FJF626V, is that correct?

092.JPG

Nope that's not the reg. I am going to do some work on 092 today. The reg is (I think) is JNK***V.  This car has been off the radar of interested parties for many many years and has been in the ownership of the current owner for over 35 years so any info anyone has on his car can only have come from Lotus or hear say as the current owner does not use the internet and has kept his ownership of the car private.

Edited by G_Reaper2
  • Thanks 1