Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Obligatory Photo Post... - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Obligatory Photo Post...

dos Santos

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is very nice indeed. Bet them wheels can be a bugger to keep clean :blink:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Very nice, especially the rollerscate. Ooops I mean Rascal :blink:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Get my baby back tomorrow after two weeks in the overhaul shop.

And it only cost me a low interest mortgage and a kidney.

5515.jpg

Then I can spend endless weekends cleaning the back end and of course putting in my big red button.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

HELP! Too many schoolboy jokes! :blink:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

SUPERB!!!!

My first ever trip in an Esprit! That pic was my favourite from the whole day :D (Taken from Mik Lawlor's V8!) I got some superb shots that day :blink::D:)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Ahem! :):D

108_0862.jpg

108_0861_r1.jpg

Looks a bit happier now :D

Rear45.jpg

Wasn't overly impressed by the repair tho - I was expecting a bit more than masking tape!!! :blink:

TAPE.jpg

Edited by evil_dr_fish

Ooops. Mucho damaged. I used to own D777. Pray tell what happened, apart from the obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Guest Troy Halliday

I could post pictures of mine but it would only upset me every time I look at all your lovely working cars.

I picked up my Alcantara today, along with the backing foam and glue I needed. Was very please on how close the Alcatara matched the Leather I bought. Wasn't so happy about the price though

here ya go, mine newly modded esprit

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?userid=656

click on more images

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

BLIMEY!!! What are the chances of that?! lol

I guess you must be Paul Fowler then?

I was the first one on LEW!

About half way down :)

Can I ask - we never figured out why the car was laid up in the first place?

I bought it from Nick Warren who had it for about 5 years or so from what I could gather. He said got it as a non-runner (well it would start but wouldn't rev) and it sat for 5 years!

Takingdeliveryofmynewtoy.jpg

I spent 5 months having it professionally rebuilt by Geoff Downhill at Esprit Engineering. Rebuilt the engine with SE/Nikasil pistons and liners. Renewed just about everything that COULD be renewed!

Had it resprayed - it looked like it had been keyed at some point in the past or somthing and the lacquer on the repair job had gone or something like that?

LeftFront45DegreesCropped.jpg

Crashed it in just three weeks :( In hindsight it was entriely my own fault I was being stupid - I just didn't know it at the time!

Came off a roundabout form the A10 going down a sliproad onto the M25. Gave it way too much right foot too soon and the back went out. I overcorrected (a more experienced driver would have just flicked her back into line no problem) and the back then spun around the other way! Hit the crash bbarrier and took out 6 uprigths worth! Even cracked the concrete on the wall below (which, thank god, held or I would have fallen about 20 feet onto the M25 :( ) Needless to say NOONE in my family knows that bit! As the back came around it glanced the barrier which is the bit of damage that REALLY complicated it all. If it had been just a straight front end repair I would have had it in three months. As it is, it is now 13 months ago it happened! :blink::D

She is being very well restored (as you can see!) and I have made a couple of minor mods at the same time - Had the door handles removed and wont be putting the decals back on I don't think. Having different fans - like the ones they use on Elises - work much better and are more rugged.

...That brings us to now - She is sitting at Esprit Engineering awaiting the rad and fans and the door solenoid kit and then get as much of the interior retrimmed as I can :( She will be luurrrvely again! :D

Guest Troy Halliday

karluk29,

I'm not sure what I think of it mate. Are you going to Stoneleigh, if you are I'll have a good look then. It does seem like it's been done very well and it looks all the better for removing the door handles. But I think it may be viewed better in the flesh. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stand naked in the middle of the car park to have a look at it but you know what I mean. :blink:

Are you happy with the new look, and are you planning any other mods?