Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercar Central, Cannes - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercar Central, Cannes

hedgerley

Flew into Nice yesterday morning, drove the coast road through to Cannes and down Le Croisette. I lost count of the Ferrari 458s, 360s, 430s, Bentley's (various) and Lambo Gallardos (one in chrome wrap!!) but the car attracting all the attention was a matt black 'stealth' wrapped Aventador parked outside the Carlton Hotel. They all seemed to have Kuwaiti plates...

But you know what, it was the Aston Martin Centenary Vanquish parked behind the Aventador that got me all a buzz and of all the exotica there would be the one I would take home if I could. Unfortunately SWMBO was fast asleep (due to 4.15am start in Scotland) so missed them all..

I'll get some pics when we are back down there in a few days and post them. 

Edited by hedgerley

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We spent the afternoon in Cannes yesterday and wandered up to the Carlton Hotel as there seemed to be quite a crowd there. They were gathered around a Pagani Huayra, the stealth wrapped Aventador and a RR Ghost half wrapped in torquoise blue and half in white!!! Down the side road an Aston Martin Rapide was struggling to negotiate the triple parked Clios and Meganes and as we negotiated the hordes a McClaren MP4-12C Spider went by, closely followed by (yet another) Ferrari 458. And I've lost count of the number of Gallardos burbling up and down Le Croisette.

And you know what, we were totally underwhelmed by it all. Completely forgot to take photos. I must be getting soft in my old age. 

With a week's holiday left I can't wait to get into my Esprit back home and just drive  :D I'm afraid the diesel Peugeot 3008 MPV doesn't quite cut it down here, although it does have flappy paddles  :huh:

And you know what, we were totally underwhelmed by it all. Completely forgot to take photos. I must be getting soft in my old age. 

...........or you need to cut back a bit on the lunchtime vino Mark!   :wine:  How can you 'forget' something like that unless drunk or senile? :harhar:  :whistle:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Mark you should have taken the Esprit great place for a drive and a pose the lotus steals the show.

Andrew

That's our Autumn break Andrew. I've been promising myself a road trip for years and Jane has finally agreed. I've driven the Rte Napoleon so many times in hire cars I've never been able to really enjoy it. That will be fixed in October some time.

Hi, I'm off to France in September, flying into Nice & staying at our neighbours static caravan near St Tropez, sounds like Cannes should be on my list of places to visit.

I originally wanted to take the S4s but we've only got 9 / 10 days holiday so flying was quicker ( & cheaper )

Next year though I'm hoping to do a trip in the Esprit.

Phil.

St Tropez is good for car spotting Phil, as you might expect. You will no doubt be driving the St Maxime/Port Grimaud/St Tropez coast road a few times. Its a car park at the moment as there are numerous beaches and campsites which clog up in the summer but its a car spotters heaven. Should be an easier drive in September though. Enjoy.