Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2Bular V6 Exige Exhaust - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2Bular V6 Exige Exhaust

saj

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Saj, definitely interested for my car. Emailed Jim about it but looks like he was too busy making yours to get back to me.

;)

Looks a lovely, I want him to make me a full titanium one to save as much as possible over the stock system. Rest assured there will be videos of that posted here if that ever happened!

I never cease to be amazed how good that toyota V6 can sound. I had a nice dice with a new F-type V6 in a tunnel recently. F-type sounded really good but Exige was even better.

the strenght of titanium allows you to use thinner pipework (and added weight saving) so that might be connected. I had a full titanium system on my Kawasaki ZX12R that lasted just as well as any other pipe I've had. Plus it went all blue after a few heat cycles - luverly juberly! 

Thanks Saj, definitely interested for my car. Emailed Jim about it but looks like he was too busy making yours to get back to me.

;)

Looks a lovely, I want him to make me a full titanium one to save as much as possible over the stock system. Rest assured there will be videos of that posted here if that ever happened!

I never cease to be amazed how good that toyota V6 can sound. I had a nice dice with a new F-type V6 in a tunnel recently. F-type sounded really good but Exige was even better.

Damn, if I knew Jim did titanium then I'd have gone down that route myself (my fault for not even asking). Titanium will also sound different as the sound resonance properties of titanium is different, I think it might give a higher pitch.

Here is a video from inside the car please excuse the quality, I used my Sony Xperia Z phone to do this, we did one with the iPhone 4 too so I'll upload that in a bit but here is the best I could do.

Please watch it all, I did a mix or cruising at 30mph, 40mph, moderate acceleration to hard acceleration and cruise at 70mph also. Hopefully this should show that when cruising it is nice a quiet so as to not annoy you on a long journey to when you put your foot down it bursts into life.

I suggest watching it in 1080p sound seems to be better then. Windows are closed.

http://youtu.be/rZuvH5TFzlo

Edited by saj

Great stuff Saj,

no idea if Jim would do a titanium pipe, it's said to be a difficult material to weld, but I'm hoping he will at somw point. stock exhausts are so heavy its usually a good opportunity to reduce weight. Any idea how much lighter your 2bular system is?

Great stuff Saj,

no idea if Jim would do a titanium pipe, it's said to be a difficult material to weld, but I'm hoping he will at somw point. stock exhausts are so heavy its usually a good opportunity to reduce weight. Any idea how much lighter your 2bular system is?

The system is about 7/8kg. Very light due to the tiny can :)

• 2 months later...

saj how are you getting on with the 2bular ? thinking of the same for my v6 exige.... is it a bit too lary / drones on m/w? 

whats the take on how it effects the cars warranty  ? 

many thanks

yes update would be much appreciated.

I find myself using the exhaust valve switch more than I thought I would, by that I mean it's nice to be able to make the exhaust quieter for road use. Right now I wouldn't swap that for a permanently loud exhaust. Is Jim's exhaust still switchable? Trackday noise would become an issue too with a louder system. I'm enjoying having a car I can take to any trackday at the moment, something of a novelty for me!

One good thing about only having a 12 month warranty - nothing to lose! Let the modding commence!