Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1981 S3 V8 conversion - Page 15 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1981 S3 V8 conversion

• Gold FFM

Hilly

-someone over here in Germany asked me if you could provide the sketches/drawings of all those CNC-machined bits on the gearbox actuator/translator..

so do you still have all this, or was it just an 'one off' try & fit ..and not pre-calculated "by the millimeter" ? ('fracture of an inch', of course..)

regards

Günter

• Like 1

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hy hilly. I found your build in the internet. I registered me in this forum to contact you. I will send you a message, but your email inboy is full. Can you contact me when you read this message. I also will build a mid engine car with the audi v8 engine. Thanks and best regards from austria. Christoph

• 4 months later...

I just spent the last couple hours reading every page of this thread.. HOLY SHEEPSH##T BATMAN! I am in awe and if you were here in Texas would be buying you a Shiner Bock or twelve and bowing!

Any news on Mutant2? We are all eagerly awaiting news on the new project :unworthy:

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

• 1 year later...

Hilly,

what is your opinion on feasibility of swapping Audi 01E transaxle into Esprit?

Looks like these guys make adapter plates for them http://www.kitcarchassis.com/adapter-plates.php

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

• 1 month later...

Still around, just don't get to drop in anywhere near as much as I would like due to work commitments and house DIY (ironically moved house to get a garage to work on the Mutant and haven't had time since :( )

The Audi 01E is very similar to the 01X I used on the Mutant except the 01E has a cast iron center section instead of alloy, which in theory make for a stronger unit.

Of the 2 links posted only the first one is of use as it is a 2wd unit, the second unit is a 4wd box and this is not only a fair bit longer but also no use as it torque splits between the front diff and the rear output shaft. you can weld up the center diff, but this makes it inherently weaker and prone to breaking.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Andy Glad your still around mate :thumbsup:

Same story with me ! new house and plenty of DIY, cars at the end of the long list !

Hope you get the mutant 2 started.

Take it easy,  

Danny

Edited by silverfrost

A

• 3 weeks later...

HILLY :D :D :D:welcome:

Hi Bibs, Danny

Yeah, still here, just too busy with other stuff.

The mutant has been off the road of 18 months, not because it is broken, just not had time to get it MOTed after one of the front springs snapped causing a fail in September 2013. Had to get another set of custom springs fabbed up (which took a couple of months) and that then put it back into winter and too cold to work on it. By the time the spring went on it was march so figured i would wait until spring for the MOT and not had time to do it since.

How are thing going round here ???

Hilly

Hi Andy

Pleased to hear all is good mate, pants on the mutant been off the road but had the same thing myself with the silver

mutant, flew through MOT then failed on emission on idle,  I chanced it as I had not set the req fuel level as I normally do for the test as my tablet was broken

with the vems and xp so could not re set it. So like a muppet stripped interior for retrim !

As for how are things going round here, Im Not sure as I have only just returned to the fold myself after my hibernation!

Your inbox is full mate ping me your email if possible chap I remember the hut one but not the last bit :D

Speak soon regards Danny

A

Hi Andy

Pleased to hear all is good mate, pants on the mutant been off the road but had the same thing myself with the silver

mutant, flew through MOT then failed on emission on idle,  I chanced it as I had not set the req fuel level as I normally do for the test as my tablet was broken

with the vems and xp so could not re set it. So like a muppet stripped interior for retrim !

As for how are things going round here, Im Not sure as I have only just returned to the fold myself after my hibernation!

Your inbox is full mate ping me your email if possible chap I remember the hut one but not the last bit :D

Speak soon regards Danny

Hi Danny

in box emptied......

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...