Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1981 S3 V8 conversion - Page 11 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1981 S3 V8 conversion

I am sorry to say the new gearbox is all mine, murhahahahahahaha!

Even more bad news is the Silverfrost has beaten you to making Mutant 2, though he hasn't finished yet so if you got a move on you could claim the title.

If I can get the Mutant back together in time then I'll try and get it to Donny.

You are more than welcome to ask any questions.

By the way, my grandparents used to live in South Molton, spent many a happy holiday there as a yoof.

Is the Mill on the Mole still there ?

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

IS IT A GT40!

regards danny :)

Nope...............

i dont want the prize.. now tell me or the rabbit gets it, along with the kitten!

Throw in a puppy and it's a deal

Hilly

Edited by hilly

now look here beaker........be nice and tell me... im not the most patient man in the world, and i hate guessing games, and i do love your engineering work and you did an amazing job on your car, and your so intelligent and handsome, debonair, witty, gifted.... is that brown nosing good enough yet??

oh and i let the rabbit and kitten go, im not that mean, i killed off a nice chinese meal instead, the bloody thing didnt stand a chance it was carnage!!! i murdered it in around 10 mins flat!

now look here beaker........be nice and tell me... im not the most patient man in the world, and i hate guessing games, and i do love your engineering work and you did an amazing job on your car, and your so intelligent and handsome, debonair, witty, gifted.... is that brown nosing good enough yet??

oh and i let the rabbit and kitten go, im not that mean, i killed off a nice chinese meal instead, the bloody thing didnt stand a chance it was carnage!!! i murdered it in around 10 mins flat!

Is it an ultima!

A

Seriously? I was taking the piss! :P

You're making a replica Mclaren F1?

Too cool for school :D :D :D

We have a winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeap, I am going to have a go at making one, centre driving position and everything.

It is very early days as I haven't finished the Mutant yet, plus I haven't anywhere to build it, but parts acquisition has started .

I had better think of a prize now.........

Hilly

We have a winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeap, I am going to have a go at making one, centre driving position and everything.

It is very early days as I haven't finished the Mutant yet, plus I haven't anywhere to build it, but parts acquisition has started .

I had better think of a prize now.........

Hilly

Jesus glad to see your keeping your standards high :D never even knew they made a replica, anymore details

on the kit manufacturer! and are you going to do a build site as im sure we would all be interested in seeing this

one under construction, another 4.2 i presume :D

Good luck on your new project and keep us posted!

regards danny

A

:D

Hilly, that's amazing you loon! :D

F1%20Family.jpg

The reason I mentioned it is that I used to drive down Park Lane after work every day and stopped to look at the one they used to have parked up there and drool! Knowing your idea of a 'tame' project I though of something extreme and that was it!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

WOW - this is going to be another "one to watch" !...

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Yippee!!!!!!!!! 10000 views :D

This is the kit Clicky

It will need a fair bit of work to get it to where I want it, but it is a start.

I am attempting to copy the F1 LM as this is the rarest and my opinion the best looking model.

Not sure if I will be allowed to put a project thread on here, it not being an Esprit and all, but it will certainly be on Motorgeek

The plan is to either fit the engine out of an RS4 or if I can get my grubby mits on it, an Audi V10 time will tell........

Hilly

.. not sure about reps.. surely you'd want to then start with the 8 series 5.6csi v12 Hilly.,. or if you want to use a v8 then why not rep something period of the 60s-90s era.. :D.. what about a Lola?? An Ultima with a RS4 engine would be cracking - a great balance for the road and nice and revvy for the track.. :D There's also that new Ortega which if road legal would be a complete tool...

or take an early G car and start all-over again.. than or a carbon fibre bodied sport quattro replica.. :D

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

.. not sure about reps.. surely you'd want to then start with the 8 series 5.6csi v12 Hilly.,. or if you want to use a v8 then why not rep something period of the 60s-90s era.. :D.. what about a Lola?? An Ultima with a RS4 engine would be cracking - a great balance for the road and nice and revvy for the track.. :D There's also that new Ortega which if road legal would be a complete tool...

or take an early G car and start all-over again.. than or a carbon fibre bodied sport quattro replica.. :D

It isn't going to be an exact replica because McLaren will sue me to within and inch of my life :P

I know the Audi V8 will work with the gearbox, it will fit in the back easy and is just as powerful as the BMW csi V12.

Ultima are bit funny about supporting stuff that isn't based on their design.

All the other stuff has been done before.

Again, this is just another "can I do it challenge"....

Hilly

Edited by hilly

• Gold FFM
Again, this is just another "can I do it challenge"....

Hilly

i guess you have a own house, wife, children and several trees? So keep on the fantastic work. Do what a man needs to do B)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..