Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Practical Performance Car Magazine! - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Practical Performance Car Magazine!

Evil_Dr_Fish

Berni Inns was a steak bar chain in the UK, which later transmogrified into Beefeater or Harvester. If you took a girl there you really DID want to shag her!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrr! They say they're sold at something like 500 of the 550 WHS - I guess yours must be one of the 50 :(

Apparently they're also sold at neearly all of the Tescos!

Once the month is up and the next edition out I shall post the pics up :)

Ben - Basically, get a fibreglass place to either glass in or fill the hoels in the doors. Whip teh connecting rods off and then bolt teh solenoid to the inside of the door - it comes with pre-stressed steel wire and it just pulls the catch for you :)

It's a complete kit - Brain, Remotes, Looms, Solenoids... from www.autoloc.com

I didn't do the work myself. I shall try to take pics of the inside of the door next time I have the card off. :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I didn't fit it or I would have!

I can take some pics for you and an 'overview' guide? :)

It appears that I have become famous and someone has plonked a few seconds of me on Youtube - could be any ear splittingly loud, silver G-Car... until you notice the lack of doorhandles! :)

I'm second pick from a search for Lotus Esprit at the moment! :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Excellent!

About time some bu99er sold you one! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys - I promised I'd post some of the pics form the mag after it had left the shelves so here we go with the crowning glory shot!!! :unsure:

_JL26182.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The 1960s exotics are just as horribly unreliable as anything from the 1970s. It's just age/generation bias; no one slanders the 206/246 Dino for being a fragile rust bucket or the Miura for being an unreliable fire trap.

When 1970s-80s Esprit, 308, Merak, and 911 owners are full of grey hair, history as covered by classic car magazines will change as follows:

Esprit: Will go from a fragile unreliable not-good-enough car to an innovative, groundbreaking benchmark, the epitome of all design, and the last great road car of genius legend Colin Chapman, which bested its rivals at a fraction of the weight and price, in true Lotus tradition.

308: Will go from rust-prone, underachieveing Ferrari-for-the-masses to most gorgeous Pininfarina design of all time, with class-leading torque and power -- the first of the successful mid-engine V8 formula and the last of the raw weber-carbureted Ferraris

Merak: Will go from complicated unreliable failure of Citroen ownership to sophisticated, ahead-of-its-time hallmark Giugiaro design, the last of the "real" hand-built Maseratis.

911: Late 70s SC will be regarded as the car that fixed all the problems (chain tensioner, rust, etc.) of the early 911s, and took on the shape/look that defined the car for a decade. 1970s-80s Turbo will be regarded the way the early 70s RS is today.

:D

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE