Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit SE versus V8 Spring Lengths? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit SE versus V8 Spring Lengths?

shadeone

Hey, I am selling my GAZ Shock and H&R spring setup and have had some interest in it but I was curious about something since I have gotten numerous inquiries about it...

Here is what I currently have:
Fronts - 200mm (8 inch) length, 60mm ID, 286lbs
Rears - 250mm (10 inch) length, 60mm ID, 229lbs

PUKesprit lists their GAZ shocks as being available for all Esprits, but they have the choice of "Type K" springs for cars without wheelarch extensions like the SE, S4 etc, and "Type L" for cars with wheelarch extensions like the Sport 300 and V8.

I asked Marcus at PUK about this and he said it all had to do with longer springs for the cars with wheelarch extensions and larger wheels, and that my springs would work on a V8, but it "may sit a bit low".

I need to know if the springs I am offering with my kit will work on V8 Esprits and how "low sitting" we are talking. The shocks are adjustable for ride height so couldnt you just crank the ride height setting up if the springs lower it too much?

Thanks in advance!
Jamie

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the 229lb rating would be a little weak for a V8 IIRC, but the 10" shouldn't be a problem with the adjustable sprint perches on the GAZ shocks.

Springs are cheap though.

My JRZ double adjustables have rear springs that are (10") 350lbs and the fronts are (8") 300lbs. The kit was made for a V8 originally

I had to crank up the preload on the fronts to get the ride height high enough, otherwise it was LOOOOOOOOOW. Almost no preload on the rear.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE