Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 parts - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 parts

Alex Carter

• Gold FFM

Alex ..sometimes a simple look into the wiki may help you

"..ease cleaning procedures, or increase surface hardness"  -means a hard suface that does not wear in so much and remains of oil/coal do not hold on so much (both is importand on the stem)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_plating#Hard

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

never trust wiki to much buddsy -but it is good for a main overview  ;)

• Like 1

at the end I took it from Ramspott & Brandt, as they have it in stock as well, and easier to pay in euro.

I did ring SWLC, he was very kind on the phone, but he told me about 2 different bearings sizes depending on the engine.... And I could not know as the job hasn't started yet, and also confusing as there is only 1 lotus OEM part number.

Can't wait to get my car back, because between holidays, parts missing (1st the leads, and now the tensioners), and the garage availability to work on my car... I haven't drove it for ages :(

I'm sure I will get it back finally fully serviced and full power (all fluids inc gearbox, plugs, leads, timingbelt...) when it will start to snow in Paris lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Alex -as a 'left over' from my parts hunting years ago:

I only needed one, so have a bag full with valve guides, just in case of that you still need one to replace..

and there is a set of OEM size shells for rods / main-bearings, oil-seals for the valve guides [the type with steel sleeve under the valve sping)

the sets of piston rings are standard size too, but if you go for a full set of *aftermarket* you will need different ring I guess

How many Inlet/Exhaust valves do you need -all 32 ?? (think I should keep some for myself, in case of)

Edited by Günter

I've spoke to a guru on the subject and I'm staying standard for now if I mod I'll do the gearbox first , so I have 8 new pistons . I need guides for one head all the valves for one head exhaust and inlet , I need 8 new rings x3 obviously and bottom end shells and bearings anything that rubs turns or leaks is being done so I have a zero hour engine

• Gold FFM

I wounder that you need additional piston rings -as on a set of liners & pistons, or even on a set of Lotus OEM pistons the rings should allready be fitted ?! (or do you have got aftermarket JAE pistons, Mike mentioned the need of "bigger" rings for those somewhere in the past..)

If you like to have the A918E0054H, A918E0055H, A918E0056H rings -you can get those, this should be the number on the package. Will look out in the parts package on weekend, as I'm not at home

Shells left over unused from my rebuild are A918E0007F, A918E0008F, A918E0011F as far as I can recall.

I have those Forged JE pistons available now... If you're interested.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I have a set of pistons and rings Gunter I need valves for one head inlet and exhaust so only 16 I also need 16 guides and oil stem seals . And yes standard crank so bearings and shells for the bottom end .

I saw the pistons mark . I would love to have them but not now . I'm staying standard my cars to nice to mod ill keep this one stock and pure and buy another for a missile I think

• Like 1

Jae websites not working anyone got any ideas for contacts I need to find prices for some bits

The JAE website is Flash based, so you have to access it on a regular computer (not an iPhone/iPad), or use a browser like "Photon" for iOS that allows you to see Flash content.

Edited by ESPREE

• Gold FFM

Alex, you can get oil stem seals for one head ... A918E0209F (listed 4.37 GBP per one ) -exchange rate is around 1,20€/ 1GBP today, but there I have enough of those, so would say 4€ is enough for one.

big ends *std*  (the green marked ones)

BILD2683.JPG

..A918E0011F (listed 5.26 GBP per one shell) -but again, there I have enough left, so 5.50€ is enough for one.

crank bearing *std* (green marked)

lower & upper

A918E0007F (11.89 GBP per one)  &  A918E0008F ( listed 8.79 GBP per one)  ..  13,50€ & 10,00€ for one of each type I would say

BILD2686.JPG

..lets see what is there on the point of valve guides

-do you need 8 inlet & 8 exhaust (so for one head) for real ..is there not one left untouched on the head that is not broken into pieces on yours ??  As I would like to save at least some for my own engine, just in case of  ..*nock on wood that it will not happen again on mine, until I have to dismantle the whole car for spares for other reasons*

And keep in mind to measure the guides / bore on your existing engine first, especially if there is any stamp [marking] under the valvestem seal base -as this means there was a 'oversize' used per factory or at least on a rebuild, prior to your fail now.  See the workshopbook and my pictures for reference -those I can offer should be the *std* -bore type for intact heads. If you have bigger bore in the alloy of the head the heat expansion rates will work them loose !!

A918E0107F (listed 8,48 GBP per one) -there I say the full 10,20€ for one

A918E0078F (listed as *not available*)  -I say 11,50€ is good for one

11.03 x 37,91 mm size    &  11.03 x 42.98mm size

BILD2676.JPG BILD2678.JPG

BILD2679.JPG BILD2681.JPG

..valves

I do not have a full engine-set of valves, so I want to save enough for my engine.. think you can understand that in a situation where those parts are not available on a fast way it is not good that one of us V8 guys sells all he has.

-means with good mind I can only offer  4 exhaust & 4 inlet ones to you

I only have the A918E0002F  [listed 50,87 GBP per one]   -lets say 61,50€ for one   ..(now B918E0002F version is listed in the dealership as 60,80 GBP / 89,25€ for some reasons, like VAT for buyers in Europe)

and A918E0001F [listed 46,78 GBP for one]  -lets say 56,50€ for one     ..(now a B918E0001F version is listed as 55,91 GBP / 82,07€ for some reasons, like VAT)

But we could start a forum action here -those of us V8 owners around the world, who have left overs offer 1 or 2 of each, until you have enough to re-assemble your damaged head.  -what do you think ?

You could contact Mr. Kai-Uwe Abel in Germany [ *turbomaster* in this forum  .. our Charly  'Shaddy' should also know him in person] ..Mr. Abel is the guy who owns the black 1997 V8 Esprit with *JPS* design, the one that was also documented in UK-car mags.  I know that he to has got a set of 32 valves in the past, like me  ...I just used some of my valves of such a set for my own rebuild, so do not have so much left to sell now 8 of each without a risk.

To calculate your request add the 20% VAT I would have to pay on a re-order in Hethel on all my offers -and say what you would like to have now & where it should be send.  So I can send my mom to a post office with a package box and those parts, to ask the post guy what postage cost would be.

I'm not at home in the moment  -as I'm on a placement as engineering student in the  R&D-headquarter Daimler AG Sindlefingen, this is 600km away from my garage :huh:

I have a set of pistons and rings Gunter I need valves for one head inlet and exhaust so only 16 I also need 16 guides and oil stem seals . And yes standard crank so bearings and shells for the bottom end .

Bit confused by this Alex. I sent you one off, inlet and exhaust valves as I thought you were having them made up. But if you need them, I do have the full set for one side i.e. 7 off inlet, 7 off exhaust (since I sent you two already).

Let me know if you want them - we can agree a donation to TLF again if you like. I have no idea what they are worth - how much did you punt into Bibs for the ones I sent last time?

• Gold FFM

Das ist sehr nett von lhnen, mir lhre teile hunter bieten danke

??

..what do you mean

Simply use the partnumbers to tell me what you want, and where it should be send -only this way we can know what the postage cost will be.. .

@headgerly:

the list price for valves is in my post -those are the numbers (old and new supplier version) directly from the dealership-network.

So if you have a set -help out and sell it if you think you will never need it. The only one I know who could offer more of them is Kai-Uwe  ..that is why I told you guys that he has some too and could help