Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 13 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Ok, so a few days off means that the headlining gets attention. The last owner had intention of doing it but never got around to it but did give me a massive roll of 3mm foam. So from the center out I began to apply the adhesive and adhere the foam. Not the easiest of jobs but it went down well. Let that dry a day and following the same technique I applied the final material which is the same as all the trim pieces you saw earlier in the thread.[br][br]20141018_124909_zps615e01b2.jpg[br][br]20141018_124921_zps58ed5db4.jpg[br][br]20141018_125142_zps64eedc86.jpg[br][br]20141018_125328_zpsf60eea8e.jpg[br][br]20141018_130516_zps7f1f87bb.jpg[br][br]20141020_125645_zpsf22a130b.jpg[br][br]20141020_134639_zps82aab8eb.jpg[br][br]20141020_134648_zps26fb9afd.jpg

The process took a couple of weeks tbh. First the trim pieces had to be covered, a good week or two to do those. Then a few hours to do the windscreen A pillars (they are a pig) then I did the rear roof section first (cut and trimmed each piece to fit (made sure I had more than enough over trim material) then the front roof section, another few hours work. Way I look at it is, do it once, do it right, even if it takes longer.

• Like 1

20141021_193359_zps8692ac8e.jpg

Just had ago at one of the sun visors, made a pocket out of the headlining material, put new foam onto the frame then slid that over the whole lot. Bit of a tug of war to get into position but looks straight enough now. Do the other one tomorrow and hopefully fit them in the morning. Next the mammoth task of the seats.[br][br]20141021_192933_zps023cf52e.jpg[br][br]20141021_195004_zpsf4a2dd8f.jpg[br][br]20141021_193359_zps8692ac8e.jpg[br][br]Here's a random night shot, ha.[br][br]20141020_220417_zpsfac11204.jpg

Theres two methods I suppose, you could so that top line which is probably the best way. However I chose to contact adhesive that edge down, and it's gone down well. Just took the elite into work, my colleagues were lost for words, they all seemed to love it though, which is nice. If anyone wants to see it on Sunday the 2nd November, I've been invited to show it at Ultimate Stance in Telford on the RetroRides stand.

Why is there no 'edit' button on the mobile site, let me correct my spelling, *There are two... and *you could sew... *choose...

• Like 1

Just finished off the sunvisors. Now, I've chosen to attach the visors to the front window trim before I finally install it in the car. Gives me more freedom to position them in the right place and bolt them in place for a really secure fit. I'll drill and screw (hiding the screws behind the visors) the trim into its final position.

20141022_172541_zpsb9261ee0.jpg

20141022_172553_zps82cc341d.jpg

20141022_172607_zps08cf7f38.jpg

• Like 2

Think I've finally found an original cream interior which pretty much puts a hold on my plans to retrim it myself. Just purchased it of the bay and will wait and see if it is actually good enough to use (which from the photos looks very good). Looks like it will need a good clean and the rear quarters are from an eclat, but I have my elite quarters which I can adapt to fit. Will upload photos when it arrives in a week or two.

Think I've finally found an original cream interior which pretty much puts a hold on my plans to retrim it myself. Just purchased it of the bay and will wait and see if it is actually good enough to use (which from the photos looks very good). Looks like it will need a good clean and the rear quarters are from an eclat, but I have my elite quarters which I can adapt to fit. Will upload photos when it arrives in a week or two.

That leather one?  I saw that today as it popped up and would have considered it had my funds been a little higher.  Looks like it'll come up real nice :)

Yep, wasn't gunna wait long on that one, practically ripped his arm off! My funds are currently shite but can't let that get on the way of what looks to be a cracking deal, plus I can offset the final price by selling off my current seats and what ever if left of my interior.

• Like 1

Don't blame you.  If I had more than half a brain I'd have jumped on it myself.  Think it was actually on Ebay last week too.  Only thing it needed was a bit of stitching on the passenger seat from what I could see.  The rest could be brought back to life with some leather restorer :)

• Like 1

Yeah, looks like a few small repairs will be needed and then a good clean, if they are in really good shape, might get them recoloured. Door cards look great, no cutouts for speakers and the centre console looks straight, hopefully it will arrive unscathed.

Few sneak peaks of the interior I have secured, should arrive sometime next week. 

_3-4_zpshr3yhm1r.jpeg

_3_zps7luy5wmx.jpeg

_3-5_zps6fdeqvsp.jpeg

You can see that a few repairs will need to be made to the sewed edges, plus a bloody good clean is needed. Can't wait for it to arrive! 

• Like 1

You can see from the first photo however what looks to be an Eclat rear quarter panel, the guy has sold it as an 'Elite' interior but I can't be 100% sure that it is in fact an Elite rear quarter panel until it arrives. In any case I have a good Elite rear quarter that I can fit in place of the Eclat quarter, just means re-trimming that piece in cream vinyl. For the price I paid, it's worth the gamble.