Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New owner V8TT. *snoopy dance of joy* - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New owner V8TT. *snoopy dance of joy*

hyteck9

Hi there.

My childhood dream has come true.  I now own a Lotus Esprit v8TT.  !!!  

It is a 1999 with low miles.   (and yes, the timing belt has been replaced.  haha  Seems to be everyone's concern.)

Would love any advice on things to focus on as I go over the car bumper to bumper.

I will be keeping my eye out for a replacement psngr front wheel (mine looks to have been curbed a little bit)  and maybe a backup transmission just in case.

So now that I have it....  what are the best ways to have fun?!?! 

Burn outs and other 1st gear fun are a no-no with an OEM trans...  correct?

Welcome to TLF! 

Burn outs aren't a good idea, you won't like the bill if you ruin the clutch prematurely! Also don't go on and off the throttle harshly in 5th gear at speed, that's not the strongest part of the gearbox! Which wheels do you have, I know of a few about and can help source a replacement for you :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi again...

Actually I'm not the burn out type.  I'm sure I will baby this thing till the day I die.  It was sort of a joke.  *j/k* 

Anyway.. The wheels are the 6 spoke ..  I think they are made by OZ..   in silver.

I can post pics when I get home tonight.

Hey and welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing those pics!

Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a moderator.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a proper drive in the car last night.

Wooohooo!!!   It is everything I could ask.

its well sorted too!  15 years old and feels brand new.

I am super happy.

• Like 1