Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Roadster as a daily driver? - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Roadster as a daily driver?

Neal H

That looks fantastic :) I really like the look of the hardtop on the roadster, but have the feeling that it makes it a bit more "rattly" inside compared to the soft-top, so I've not indulged as yet. I'd be interested in your thoughts after you had some time to compare the two, as it does look superb.

Also the rear number plate blends in quite nicely with the yellow! You must be a very happy chappy at the moment!

Phil.

Edited by PhilS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No rattles from the hard top currently, but I'm sure that as soon as it's removed and replaced it will be a different story!

I'll keep it on until the Spring and then fit the soft top. It's certainly nice and cosy with the hard top in place. It was about 2 degrees outside but nice and toasty in the cabin this morning - I had to turn the heater down. It heats up a lot better than the Evora used to!

I agree it looks superb with the hard top on, but then I always thought the S2 Elise looked great with a hard top.

Edited by Neal H

I could have explained myself better - I meant resonance. The coupe I test drove sounded louder inside than I think mine does with the soft-top. Of course, this could be my rose-tinted specs playing tricks, hence the question. Remind to follow up in the Spring ;)

My first impressions of the heater are also good - even with the roof off it does a good job of keeping the cabin warm. The addition of the hand level vents really helps here, plus I'm comparing to my old Elise, which couldn't keep the cabin warm with the roof on at motorway speeds with single digit temperature outside.

Phil. 

No rattles from the hard top currently, but I'm sure that as soon as it's removed and replaced it will be a different story!

Had the top off all last summer, now refitted - not a rattle or squeak to be heard. If there was, I'd just crank the holds a little tighter!

I went in with the intention of buying a Coupe, but fell in love with the cleaner lines of the Roadster in showroom. I was also looking at an LF1, but found I kept going back to the Roadster!

This is going to be a road car with occasional track day, so the Roadster fits the bill perfectly.

• Like 1

Looks stunning Neal. Look forward to hearing how it compares to your Evora as a daily driver / weekend hoon car.

After selling my Evora S I was wondering if next car could be Roadster V6 like yours , but wondered if it would be a little too hard core vs Evora .

Dave

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 3 years later...
On 01/08/2014 at 04:16, DarrylV8 said:

Bibs thanks for info on the exhaust valve switch, one on order from Guy; although on back order at the moment  

am ordering one valve control switch too

may I know is the ecu need to be updated through the lotus tech computer after plug in the switch to make it works?

If I remember correctly some Exige already had the software once the switch is plugged in you are good to play 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430