Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bell and Colvill Circuit Club – Goodwood 7th April, Brands Hatch 8th July & Goodwood 4th August - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bell and Colvill Circuit Club – Goodwood 7th April, Brands Hatch 8th July & Goodwood 4th August

Hi All,

Bell and Colvill are proud to launch our Circuit Club with three events at Goodwood Race Circuit and Brands Hatch for Lotus and Morgan owners, dates as follows:

Goodwood Motor Circuit – 7th April 2014 (08.00 – 17.00) - £250 per Car with a 28 Car Limit – 105db Day.

Brands Hatch – 8th July 2014 (15.30 – 20.00) - £140 per Car with a 35 Car Limit – 102db Evening.

Goodwood Motor Circuit – 4th August 2014 (08.00 – 17.00) - £250 per Car with a 28 Car Limit – 105db day.

Lunch and Refreshments are included on the Goodwood Days.

Contact Maxine Ayling on 01483 286456 or e-mail mayling@bellandcolvill.com for more information or to book.

Pre-Track Day inspection and preparation available, please contact our Service Department on 01483 286444 or e-mail service@bellandcolvill.com  for more details.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you there! :thumbsup:

Jamie

Hi Paul,

The price is per car and you are welcome to share the driving but there would be an additional £16.50 charge for the other person at Goodwood to cover their lunch and coffee. There is no additional charge for Brands Hatch.

Thanks,

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked up for this too.

I don't know Goodwood very well but looking forward to giving it a go.

At least I know the car will be on the pace, even if I'm not!

:thumbup: 

Can't wait, looking forward to it.

Prepare to be grilled on power upgrades Jamie!

:thumbup: 

A big thank you to Jamie and the team from B&C for a great day at Goodwood today.

The weather was dreadful but the glorious track, the cars, the way the day was organised and the excellent lunch meant that nothing was going to dampen our spirits. That and true grit of the Morgan 3 Wheeler drivers on show meant that no-one in an Exige had any right to complain!

Seriously though Jamie, many congratuations for your first event. It was superbly well organised, safety was paramount, there so few cars on track at any time it felt like I had the place to myself most of the day. I will do my best to make sure I get to the other B&C events. And what a track, very fast, very challenging I need many more laps there to get the hang of it. 

But the Exige V6 Cup was really exceptional. If there's a better 'drive to the track and home again' car out there at any price, I haven't driven it yet.

Yes good to meet you too Stuart, thanks for the pics, I hope to add some video soon.

Cheers!

Didn't the V6 cars sound amazing blasting past the pits?!

The V6s did sound rather nice, and the first time I'd heard them from outside the car! With the 'flap' open they sounded lovely on the gearchange points and yours and the black V6 exiting the pitlane sounded rather good too.

The B n C car with the QuickSilver exhaust sounded nice too but not as good/loud as I thought it would. Not sure about the 'tips' either.

Black n gold

Jamie (sensibly given the conditions and the lack of run-off) had it in 'tour' mode on the DPM. It would be a good bit louder in 'Sport' and 'Race'. The noise seemed to carry further than the standard car so I think it was making more noise. I think the biggest issue is how good the cars sound as standard!

I love the raw, searing, high-pitched thrash of cylinders and valvetrain mixed with a bit of Tie Fighter from Star Wars!

They really sound amazing and wickedly powerful. More like 500bhp at 9000rpm going by noise alone.

:wub: 

The (engine protection) valve opens no matter what mode you're in at 3,500 rpm. 

This was causing issues last time I was there as there wasn't an easy way to be quiet past the drive-by meters.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.