Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New member and already a question: Any info on the Hockenheim event? - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New member and already a question: Any info on the Hockenheim event?

Arregueti

Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of an Evora S MY 12 2+2 (my first Lotus, I bought it for the kids!).

I bought the car from Lotus through a UK dealer and only saw some pictures before wiring the money. Literally the day before wiring the money I found the video and pictures below on the Internet... At first I was furious. My very car being abused by journalists when I had been told that it was a "management car"! Then I thought that it just added to the charm of the car and wired the money. Never looked back...and now some of the pictures serve as starting screen in the nav system...

Below a link to a video and some pictures of my very car from an Italian blog.

http://www.autoblog.it/post/124609/lotus-evora-s-il-video-test-di-autoblog-la-tecnica

To add some drama to my story, I must admit that I had tried an Evora S from my local dealer, here in Luxembourg. I spent two wonderful hours in a sunny October morning around the Moselle river, vineyards and tiny hilly B-roads around the river...    ...just to get back home and realise that the car would not get into the garage because the ramp was too steep... That was October 2012... And I bought the car in March 2013 without having a clue of how it would get in. But I had to have that thing. And rest assured. It does get into the garage safely! (after some help from a friend and some wooden technology :-) )

Well, I am writing also because I am trying to find some details about the event in Hockenheim in April (Memorial Jim Clark and the world record attempt) but have no reply from the circuit / organisers...

Does anyone plan to go? I know it is probably not a very appropriate question but do you know if we will be able to access the circuit with kids inside the cars...? sorry for asking this here... :-))  ..but it is important for us as we will continue our family trip towards Switzerland and the Alps and I want to make sure that we do this trip in the Lotus :-)

Hope you will understand and look forward to hearing from you! And let me know if you plan to visit this area. I could give you some ideas of places to go (other than Nordschleife...) and roads to take.

Edited by Arregueti

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. That is what I like to think, too. And I am indeed having a lot of fun with it. It is really a fantastic car and it is always a special moment when I get it out of the garage. :-)

• Like 2

Hi and welcome Jorge. I think it's very unlikely the circuit organisers will allow kids in cars on the track but hope I am proved wrong. I'll try and find you a phone number for them in the morning :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi,

Getting a phone number would be extremely nice. Thank you! Fingers crossed for the kids as it is just a gentle lap most likely, but you may be right.... We had the same issue with the Lotus factory. We planned to go for a visit with the kids but were told that they cannot access before the age of 8, I think. Hope they will still fit by then :-)

Really appreciate your help!