Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Vulcan Meet - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Vulcan Meet

Jonathan

Contacted them about this and no response :blink:

Seems like they have the money now so an offer of donations to walk around the plane falls a bit short...

If anyone has any connections let us know - I'd love to get involved with something like this, prob is I get the hump very quickly with chasing people when yer sort of like almost trying to do them a favour.

Might try my luck with Concord / Duxford again this year as well....never know.... :lol:

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like they have the money now so an offer of donations to walk around the plane falls a bit short...

If anyone has any connections let us know - I'd love to get involved with something like this, prob is I get the hump very quickly with chasing people when yer sort of like almost trying to do them a favour.

Might try my luck with Concord / Duxford again this year as well....never know.... :lol:

What are you looking to do and which Vulcan?

• Gold FFM

I know there is a Concord sat on the edge of the runway in Filton, Bristol - may be worth a try.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Haha - just got off the blowa to maurice who is the man for this (organised the previous Vulcan)

Wheels-a-turning, Maurice is going to do some digging and see what we can come up with on the Vulcan and Concord front in Bristol, hopefully get to donate some paper to the cause and get up close and lick the aircraft as well :lol:

If this comes off might be 2 good little winter meets for the midlands / norvern lot and the guys o' the west :blink:

Thanks for the call Maurice - watch this space !

On the subject of old planes, anyone returning from the factory day along the A17/A47 (can't remember exactly where) will have passed a rather mint Hawker Hunter just parked up on the frontage of, I think, a motel! Would have loved to have stopped but missus was turning green by that point and looking forward to home!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Yep,

VULCAN:

wheels are turning. Will have some answers this week. Jonathan the request to get in the cockpit is a go from what I can tell (more details for follow), just waiting for the Vulcan guy who heads up the visits to call back.

There is also a big event brewing for Spring next year which I will post up as well, when Rusty is back of leave this week. ( this will be an additional event as I dont want to wait till next year)

Also at the Vulcan site, is the Cold War Jet museum which we can also arrange to visit on the same day to see some Lightnings.

CONCORDE:

Monday is their day off but they do arrange group visits. As this is on site at Airbus - ALL cars must be left at the secure parking location. Tours are given in groups of 24 which takes about 90 minutes. You go in Concorde. All funds will go to the building of an official home for the Concorde.

The only problems I see is that both of these would prefer a week day event so if this causes any problem then we will have to take this into account.

Is it possible to gauge how many would be interested in these 2 events.

Maurice

OK guys.

The Vulcan is being restored by the TVOC which will gladly do the following

1. Allow us access to the hanger where they are refitting XH558 so that we can see the progress.

2. Give us a talk by either one of the project leaders or possibly the pilots for next year.

3. Allow us access to the Nose of another Vulcan that they have there, so ALL members can say they have been in the cockpit of the Vulcan.

4. After the Vulcan visit, take all members across the Track/Airfield to the Cold Jet War musuem so that we can look around the 20 or 30 aircraft there.

5. Give us time to do a photoshoot with the cars arranged in front of either the Victor Bomber or Comet

They DO NOT charge but ask for a minimal donation of

Edited by mauricem

Dunno - definatly in, but it doesn't have to be an Esprit day.

Dunno what the concensus is, do we need longer days ?

Turn up at 10am, not going to take us until 5pm to do what we wanna do.

Was thinking pub afterwards anyways for a food up ?

Hmm there are somethings I like about winter, christmas and hot food.

Pub... food... I'm there :P:D

Got the impression from Maurice's post - maybe wrongly - that we'd need to go on a Friday afternoon. If that was the case wasn't sure whether we'd have time for the Vulcan tour/talk, photos and a look round the Cold War Jet museum afterwards. But I guess if we started at 12:30 - 13:00 we'd probably be ok.

Pub... food... I'm there :P:D

Got the impression from Maurice's post - maybe wrongly - that we'd need to go on a Friday afternoon. If that was the case wasn't sure whether we'd have time for the Vulcan tour/talk, photos and a look round the Cold War Jet museum afterwards. But I guess if we started at 12:30 - 13:00 we'd probably be ok.

They require a week day for the talk as they do not have the presenters available on the weekends. I think a Friday afternoon would be fine.

Jonathan indicated that it would be great to do it this year which I think would be a good idea. We would need a few members to come if the are to open the Museum for us.

If the Sunday is better, then we can still access the Vulcan and the museum but we would loose the talk, which I think would be a pity.

Maurice

• Gold FFM

Can somebody give me some clue as to WHERE this is - ie distance to travel. Thanks

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

K so it's either Friday + presentations

Or Weekend and no presentation.

Few things to decide then :

* When - tbh sooner rather than later for me.

* Esprit day or not ? ie will it be worth taking the cars for any photo opportunity (Maurice will this be possible ? Cus I love cars + planes)

* Friday or weekend (ie talk or not)

* Donations (they want

• Gold FFM

Friday with cars would be good. I'm going to struggle this year though - too much happening between now and end of year (only 10 weeks til 2007) By the time its sorted re dates, who can come ect ect, I can't see it being this year. How about end Jan or early Feb?

A man with a (possible) plan :rolleyes:

Bruntingthorpe is only 30 miles or so from Stoneleigh... so how about trying to combine the two?

Stoneleigh on Sunday 12th Nov, dinner at the Porridge Pot after the show (see Paul C's thread), stay overnight somewhere and then Bruntingthorpe on Monday.

Inspired or what? :lol:

A man with a (possible) plan :rolleyes:

Bruntingthorpe is only 30 miles or so from Stoneleigh... so how about trying to combine the two?

Stoneleigh on Sunday 12th Nov, dinner at the Porridge Pot after the show (see Paul C's thread), stay overnight somewhere and then Bruntingthorpe on Monday.

Inspired or what? :lol:

Sorry,

Monday and Thursdays are out as they are not open for visits those day.

A man with an impossible plan :rolleyes::lol:

LOL

Its a pity the NEMG is so far Esst. The 10/12 would of been a good date to put this event in the morning and then the NEMG 1st anniversary in the afternoon

Edited by mauricem