Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eclat S2 Riviera - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eclat S2 Riviera

1982 Lotus Elcat Riviera.  Purchased in 1991 for £5100, with what I thought was a minor exhaust problem.  Once home, I found that some of the studs on the exhaust manifold had sheared.  The car was garaged and I started work on it; removing the front bumper and lower air scoop to make more room to work around the car, and then the bonnet, cooling fans and mountings.  However, my garage was far too small, so I stopped working on the car until I had a larger garage built.  Eventually the car was driven into the new garage, covered up and left till I had more time.  23 years later, I have still have neither the time, or more importantly now, the physical or mental enthusiasm to rebuild the car.  Furthermore, with the passage of time, it will now require far more effort to get her running again! 

She is far too good to scrap and desperately needs a new owner who can devote more time and energy than I ever could. 

View the full article

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds promising but those pics are very old. If it really has been garaged all that time it could be it's salvation as the interior will be dry, and all those nasty rusty bits like door frames/beams presumably sound.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I tried to view the car but it is SOLD.

Would have been like stepping back in time for me the fist Lotus I was about to buy was a Black Eclat Riviera than I chanced upon the Gold S2 Esprit which I bought instead.

Cheers Mike

Hi Don

I did not buy the Riviera in the end I was not happly with the cracked windscreen and a few other things it had a private reg number. I do remember it was in High Wycombe.

Regards Mike