Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 Elise Engine Cover Hinge Broken. Help - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 Elise Engine Cover Hinge Broken. Help

Hello all.

I've just opened up the engine cover on my Elise as as I propped it up with the stick, the left hinge just fell out. The black aluminium thingy is still bolted to the lid, but it just slides in and out of the gap. Upon looking closer it appears it should be held in place with a pin that slots across horizontally, this pin though is slid all the way across to the right allowing the hinge to fall out. I can just about get my finger to it but can't get enough room to slide the pin back. 

Anyone else had this? Am I right that it is held in by a pin? Any other way to get access to slide it across? 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A little, part 41 looks a bit like the pin I'm talking about. Have you got one of those diagrams for the wall area under the rear window? That's where I need to get into I think.

On another note, captured a flame on my mates GoPro today. Was brilliant!