Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rats with tails? - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rats with tails?

Bibs

We also have to perform annual culls on our local Tree Rat population.  :D

I ended up having to use rat poison to annihilate the wotsits that ate the wiring in my loft.....and rewire it through steel conduit!! Clearing out the loft when I moved can be...er....glossed over.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I don't know what it is but rats love eating or chewing pvc. Had one car disabled by the varmints and even outside patio furniture chewed on the legs.

Edited by Roger 912

I ended up having to use rat poison to annihilate the wotsits that ate the wiring in my loft.....and rewire it through steel conduit!! Clearing out the loft when I moved can be...er....glossed over.

Our back garden adjoins a wooded bank, there are BILLIONS* of squizzers in there.

* OK, BILLIONS might be a bit of an exaggeration, but only by two, or three, or so. ;)

We had one in the loft about 10yrs ago... luckily, we stopped it before it could chew anything!  :D 

We need to give them a damn good thinning out again this year, or they'll snaffle too many baby birds from their nests... I hate seeing the adult birds struggling to save their babies from the clutches of the grey squirrels, and the noise is heart-wrenching.  :cry: 

Edited by Elaine

Guest Mutley00

Unbeknownst to me, Laura calling the grey squirrel that keeps nicking our bird seed a 'nutty little fu**er' doesn't mean go and buy this...

10175026_10154068860045527_6096327712788

Oooh can you ask Laura if I can borrow it please Bibs to have a go at all the Cats that keep frequenting our garden?

Oooh can you ask Laura if I can borrow it please Bibs to have a go at all the Cats that keep frequenting our garden?

Cats aren't on the pest list I'm afraid, so you'll just have to spray them with the hose, or buy a dog. :)

Personally I hate cats :sofa:

There have always been quite a few close by... one woman down the road had 4!

It used to wind me up when the kids were younger and they would come into the garden and crap where the kids played.

I am not a gardener by any means but I have recently had my whole garden landscaped and had a raised bed for flowers built.

My daughter and I did the obligatory Sunday morning trip to the garden centre and spent a fortune on plants and then spent the afternoon planting them all.... looked great.

Next morning a load of the plants had been ripped up and the raised bed had been used as a litter tray.

There is now a bucket of water by the door and I intend to "surprise" the next one that has the same idea.

You need a heron scarer connected to a garden hose.   Only problem is if you forget to turn it off it doesn't know if its human or feline so you get soaked as well!!!

• Like 1

Cats aren't on the pest list I'm afraid, so you'll just have to spray them with the hose, or buy a dog. :)

With my brother's dog visiting recently we established that the cat rules him. Cat walks forward, dog moves out of the way. Dag lays down, cat lays down near him, dog is in a quandary, move away gently or stay VERY still.

With my brother's dog visiting recently we established that the cat rules him. Cat walks forward, dog moves out of the way. Dag lays down, cat lays down near him, dog is in a quandary, move away gently or stay VERY still.

Our Boxer dog Sten is trained to leave cats, squirrels, rabbits, foxes, etc, unless we tell him to chase them off. He's off the lead most of the time, and we didn't want to risk him running up the drive & across the road.  :no 

The lanky bugger is used to walking among the cows, bulls & pigs though (I used to work on a farm), so he's not scared of much, and certainly not cats. :D   

squirrels_light_color_t.jpg?height=225&w

Traffic control has always been their strong suit. :lol:

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.