Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Got one- 1990 Turbo SE - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Got one- 1990 Turbo SE

Harald/Austria

Harald, age can harden the tyres and reduce grip. Replacing them is something to consider. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find tyres for the SE these days (with the right specifications). You may have to go up or down a size, or mix brands.

Apart from converting to an electric pump, I would make sure all the fluids are renewed (brake, clutch, chargecooler coolant, engine coolant, etc).

Hope you get to enjoy the car soon.

Cheers

Ian.

Hello Ian,

thats exactly i do  at the Moment , change all Fluids, change The Cambelt and overhaul the Brakes too.

I see that espacially at the rear good Tyres are hard to get, For the Front 15" there are still Dunlop 9000 aviable,

for the rear as only Alternative to Syron Chinese Tyres are Khumo....  i am not happy with that.

i have nice 17" OZ Futura Split Rims from a : Ferrari  :thumbdown:   the bold platters and lugs are the same as from Lotus but the ET is different. i dont wanna use bolt on wheel spacers to make them fit.

I have think about buying 16" front and 17" rear or 17" all around Revulution Style Wheels from a later Modell but cant find some.... :no

Greetings 

Harald