Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lost, Found S1 - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lost, Found S1

johnpwalsh

• Gold FFM

The Mrs and I took a run up to the far North East of Scotland today to a local show in Forres and came accross a nice old Esprit S1 still with all the original fittings, Green dash etc, the only thing out were the wheels, she was wearing a set of S2's. On speaking to the owner he tells me it has been inn the family for the last 20 odd years being handed from one brother to another, the first brother went on to buy an S3 Turbo, hence the S1 landed with the younger brother about 8 years ago. He tells me the car is regularly used as his runabout and has had no particular problems with her. We have managed to get him to join Club lotus North East Scotland and we have recommended he sticks an introduction on TLF.

P.S.The go faster stripes were added by the first owner and have just been left.

post-12149-0-01401100-1399225142.jpgpost-12149-0-65155700-1399225256.jpgpost-12149-0-27988500-1399225343.jpgpost-12149-0-10386500-1399225454.jpg

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that car used to belong to my mate back in the early 80's. We used to run around in them together which was quite an unusual site.....seeing one Esprit up here was extremely rare!

The stripes are way cool.  Love it.   Love the originality of this car!   :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Originality is becoming more and more popular in the collectable world and this is a prime example of why. You just can't beat the look that the passing of time gives to a car. Also once again it proves that if looked after correctly an S1 can be a reliable car.

....needs to get an original style gear knob.

Edited by GavinT

• Gold FFM

Found some history on the s1, it previously belonged to friend of Gordon,s (G100) and aparently had a hard hit on the rear quarter, hence the bits of Blue paint showing through on some edges but never the less its good to see another still on the road and under regular use, well done that man.