Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Misfire 1989 carb Turbo ! - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Misfire 1989 carb Turbo !

Hi all !

I have a slight misfire under load every now & then !

Replaced Ht leads & Checked Dissie Cap !

Checked Boost & running spot on 9.5 psi.

Want to replace coil coz found it gets quite warm,Gonna put a Flamethrower coil on

But does anyone know what type to fit ? Flamethrower 2?

Been looking but nothing for Esprit Turbo !!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve, if your car is the one in your avtar pic, I went to see it!!! Only 3 miles from my home. If I could have sold my TVR Chim in time I'd have put a few bids in on it. It was missing when cold when I test drove it but cleared up when warm. 

Probably a good place to start with the coil. Could be on the way out.  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get to the bottom of this Steve?

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Hi Kay. Hope your enjoying it. I was really dissapointed I didn't sell my TVR in time. I would have put some bids in too!!

Did you like his Jensen?