Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Kent go gliding, again! 10th July - UK - Kent - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Kent go gliding, again! 10th July

Bibs

Following on from last years great event (link) I've just visited Kent Gliding Club and they're happy to have us back. 

Thursday 10th July, 5:30 onwards. 

£23 for a winch launch, approx £70 for a winch and an aerotow (subject to interest).

We've also been offered use of their BBQ onsite so bring meat. I'll bring a couple of bags of charcoal :D

Flying list:

1. BIbs

2. Laura

Non-fliers are welcome but we'll rib you all evening for being too scared.

Laura taking off....

Me, being awesome :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The £70 option is for a winch AND an aerotow ?!? If so, from what I recall of last year, that seems like incredible value.

Just need to check the date in my diary but I'm a tentative yes for now.

I assume we'll do a pub meal afterwards again ?? Same pub as before (The Plough Inn in Stalisfield) as the food/beer was VERY good ??

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

I will come and watch  and am happy to take the  ribbing with feet firmly on the ground  :harhar:. BBQ or pub either fine with me

From what I remember of last time, and from the previous thread, a winch was £22.50 and an aerotow was £60-£70 so if they're offering a winch AND an aerotow for a total of £70 then that sounds like a no brainer to me !!

Sorry - I missed your comment on the BBQ in your first post. That sounds like a great plan :)

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

Count me in. Was great fun last time. I'll go for the aerotow this time though as I think I only got one circuit off the winch last time.

Flying list:

1. BIbs

2. Laura

3. Martyn - Aerotow

Count us in as well - fantastic time last year.

BBQ sounds a great idea - I'd better bring some tinnies for after the flying  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mark

1. BIbs

2. Laura

3. Martyn - Aerotow

4. Mark

5. Caroline

I can't make this one which is a shame as it was great last year

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

• 1 month later...

I was hedging my bets and not committing to this for some unknown reason and today I found out why...

My 99 year old grandfather died last night - he emigrated to Australia at the age of 95.

So it turns out I'll be in Oz in a couple of days and will miss out on the gliding AND the TLF BBQ :(

Sorry folks :(

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue