Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 Project car - part 2 - the continuation - Page 71 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 Project car - part 2 - the continuation

2 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Did you see Cos had his car on last night channel 5?

Yes I did see it. I love the way they ask people who know nothing about the cars to explain to the world all about them, such as the fact that you can only wind the windows down by 1 inch.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

They also had Quentin Willson on there. I spoke to him at the NEC Classic Car Show about his e-type, which he was displaying on the Jaguar Driver's Club stand. He asked me what cars I owned and I mentioned I had an early Esprit and he said "Well you obviously have no taste" as he stood there wearing orange corduroy trousers! The fact that I also have an e-type did swing the balance in the end though.

16 hours ago, Paul Coleman said:

he said "Well you obviously have no taste"

I hope he said that with a smile or I would have told him to F off!

It's getting there......

2 minutes ago, TAR said:

I hope he said that with a smile or I would have told him to F off!

No he didn't, he hates the Esprit. The woman presenter on The Classic Car Show makes a reference to that in the programme that featured the Esprit.

49 minutes ago, Paul Coleman said:

No he didn't, he hates the Esprit. The woman presenter on The Classic Car Show makes a reference to that in the programme that featured the Esprit.

Hates the car yet he allowed one on Season 1 of his show? Jodie Kidd had a lot of praise for the car on that episode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/09/2016 at 19:44, Lotusfab said:

Ashtray from Daves link, if anyone needs one without making it.image.png

You can buy the real thing for around £250k and get some old Maserati for free!

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1972-maserati-ghibli-4-9-ss

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 5 months later...

Well MoT time again, 6 th Apr, fingers crossed! Powered up the old girl the other day she has been sorned over the winter. Have to give her a shake down before the test!

Just got my Daughter's 1976 Mini through the MOT even though it was only running on 3 cylinders. The exhaust valve has a big chink missing so it must have been spitting raw fuel out the back!!

Have just done about 10 miles. Running fine although I did encounter a slight problem. The passenger door has stopped opening from the inside. Annoying, as it's only been used about twice! Must be a Lotus????this time will wire lock the door handle push rod and use tape to restrict the push rods from moving. Got a thumbs up from white van man as I overtook, so at least a bit of approval! Lights to check and MOT if the emissions pass! Still can't be any worse than my golf and it's doggy fuel scheduling! 

Mot

Slight hiccup offside headlamp needed adjusting which they did and am now the proud owner of a years MOT from Bell and Coville! Happy days!??????IMG_1587.thumb.JPG.7813e86e467c6fbc0097fbaae3a4626d.JPG

• Like 2

Had the carbtune out today. This is all you need to tune the car and a lot of patience. It's fitted with Dellortos. For some reason the tuning seems to drift off over a year? Serveral cycles of the tuning procedure that's well set out on line. Have had quite a bit of practice at this now and have got it running really well. I think the key with these cars is don't give up. Jobs I struggled with before are now quite easy.  So far the car has proved very reliable and the horror stories about reliability seem unfounded, but then again Ive only been 430 miles since the first MOT.!  Great fun to drive, if only there were no other road users I would be living the dream! 

• Like 1

Forgot to say the carbtune is a four channel manometer that attaches one channel to each carb and measures the vacuum at the carb intake. It can be used to balance the carbs and set the mixture.  It's about £70 online and once you get used to it irks really well. I tried  Colourtune as well but could get it to work do I'm a carbtune man.

On 07/04/2017 at 18:45, Lotusfab said:

It can be used to balance the carbs and set the mixture. 

How can the Carbtune be used to set the mixture?