Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Headlamp replacements for my V8 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlamp replacements for my V8

I need to replace my headlamps and wondered where is the best place to source these.

I have discovered that the left hand pod has been sitting in 3" of water as the drain hole had a bolt in it which stopped the water from draining away! 

Where did the bolt come from? :huh:

You can get them from PNM I believe. You will more than likely also need the backing plate as that's probably corroded too. Remember to ask Pete for your TLF discount :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

A bolt out of the Blue.

I will give PNM a call and thanks for the discount reminder.

Hi Brian,

If you are after replacements then make sure you asked for them otherwise you'll be sold their aftermarket kit. The backing plates are different to suit their inner lights. They have the same style inner light as the outer one except it's H1 as opposed to H4 dip/main as opposed to the Lotus OEM inner which is a different shape (convex) headlight on different mounts. You will have to remove your whole backplate assembly then redrill new holes for the new stainless steel backing plates.

If you are just after outers then PNM ones are a direct replacement to the Lotus OEM ones. If you want OEM lights then go to Lotus.

Inners are Lotus only if you want to stick with them.

Regards,

David Walters

• 9 months later...

Hi Dave, just taken delivery of the PNM lights compete with new backing and mounting plates. I've been through the manuals - are the backing plates pop riveted to the pod? Any advice on fitting before I set about them and cock up? Needless to say no instructions in the box.....

Thanks Bibs, should have turned the page. Doh. The diagram I was looking at isn't labelled but of course its in the parts list  :huh:

So, its off to B&Q to buy a pop rivet gun....

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Daft question from me, are the headlamps sealed ie you can't just put a new bulb in?

My LH headlamp has failed due to voltage regulator in alternator not regulating voltage very well, along with cooking the battery!

Steve.

13 hours ago, jammy-pop said:

Daft question from me, are the headlamps sealed ie you can't just put a new bulb in?

No - they are not sealed beam units, well they shouldn't be.