Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Well started on the interior - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Well started on the interior

Peter, your seat looks like all the padding as lost it's mojo in the centre section. I have the same seats in my car and am considering replacing them because the padding as lost it's lust for support. As my car is not suppose to have V8 seats being a GT3, I'm not fussed about getting them trimmed again, plus the cost. There are some nice seats on the market a lot less than having an old seat retrimmed.

Good work by the way.

Edited by OwenGT3

Right back from winchester managed to get a few more coats on the drivers seat. Should have it finished tomorrow then its door cards and a pillars and should have the carpets ready when i return from holiday

post-3952-0-14740100-1410029330.jpg

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Peter, I saw how a upholsterer here locally to me, worked, and he used a special made steam iron, that preassures much more hor steam, than saya ordinary household iron with steam function. And voila, the leather shrins and sits nicely.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

For anyone who is interested in redoing their interior, look into the Leatherique Restoration System. I used it on my interior...part of which was taking leather door panels that were like cardboard, and bringing them back to be soft, supple and almost brand new. They use the system on museum cars, where the original interior must be salvaged, and reupholstering is not an option. 

The process is intended for leather. It involves cleaning the parts with Windshield Washer Fluid, then washing the parts with Acetone to remove the dye, then rehydrating the parts by applying pure Neats Foot Oil and sealing the parts in a plastic bag, and then finally spraying the parts with Dye. The results are outstanding.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...