Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
September Spa/Ring trip - Page 4 - Trackdays - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

September Spa/Ring trip

Mark Allin

An early one too if Tienen's a couple of hours from Calais. Might be best to look at somewhere closer to the 'Ring. Whatever else, at least we know that supper will be up to scratch.

Trevor I believe you're right.

If you plug in Calais , Tienen , Moschau and Nurburg its a 5hr trip. From Moschau jumping on the 258 is a nice warm up.

A lot though depends on traffic round Brussels, but as long as Jonny doesn't want a typical marketing luvie lengthy lunch break we ought to be fine :)

Black n gold

!

I like the sound of the big square for some photos too. I'm only thinking that the 'Ring is definitely a place you have to make hay while the sun shines, that and leaving room for dinner. I might have another look at the route Waky suggested when I get a chance.

If you'd like to join RSR tomorrow evening for dinner and wine...

Please let me know and I'll ensure you're booked in :)

Just a few minutes from the best F1 track, Spa Francorchamps, the charming boutique Hotel, Val d’Ambleve sits nestled amongst a serene garden. The charming restaurant boasts a delectable dinner paired with world class wines. Ron Simons, CEO of RSR Spa is a man who enjoy’s his wines…no he loves his wine. As the host, he entertains his guests as a true wine connoisseur with a focus on Burgundy whites and Bordeaux reds.

Sounds nice! 

post-1-0-66003800-1410164429.jpg

post-1-0-72144100-1410164432.jpg

post-1-0-38300200-1410164434.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I was there from 8 till 11:30, but didn't spot any other exige. Walked the all the parkings during the first closure. Decided to return home after the second closure and the huge overwhelming of cars. What is all this ring-maddness these days, it was way to crowded. And dangerous with the motorists.

Quite dissapointed to not have met you guys. Then on my way back I had a burst rear tyre on the A1, luckely it didn't happen on the Nordschleife. But what an adventure with the german towing guy. He laughed with the front tow eye and couldn't believe it wasn't there just for show. Or is it? :harhar:

Touristenfahrten%200116%20Nuerburgring.j

Real shame we missed you. I would loved to have filmed you while trying my best to keep up. I got 3 laps in the morning before the closure and then gave up and went to wash the car. Came back out after lunch and had a perfect NS late afternoon/evening. Apart from running out of fuel on my 8th lap. I had just enough time to refuel and get out for a last lap. Lots of video but no complete lap. Slow anyway compared to what the car can do but my God the car feels amazing around there and can keep up with some pretty serious cars on the fast sections too. 997 GT3 is not quicker on the straights. In fact in the 'tow' I was slightly gaining. The best experience yet at the NS for me.

Anyone who owns an Exige needs to get to the NS at least once a year. While you're at it there's always Spa on the way home. We have fantastic circuits in the UK but nothing like this epic double act, so well worth the journey over. Still buzzing from the NS! It's the maddest, baddest track on the planet!

:smoke: 

:w00t: 

:stuart:

I was there from 8 till 11:30, but didn't spot any other exige. Walked the all the parkings during the first closure. ]

Sorry we missed you, we sat it out at brunnchen for the morning because of the number of stoppages. Have several pics of you so will post up later this week.

Black n gold

t's the maddest, baddest track on the planet! :[/

You're all barking mad :)

Thanks to Trevor, Mick and Jonny for putting up with a lowly S driver - bastids :) highly entertaining company, great food and these rather unhinged drivers at the Ring.

Tbh it's all ridiculously intimidating at first as a)you've no idea where the track goes b) the regulars are flat out immediately c) you've still no idea where the track goes. Unlike any trackday I've done before. But weirdly addictive, I can see why so many Brits go there.

Enjoy Spa chaps :)

Black n gold

Cheers Stu, it was great to have you with us, not to mention the star of Augusts's pic of the month along for the trip. ;)

I drove a Cayman S today thanks to Ron Simons at RSR and the plans are to compare the Exige with the 991 GT3 and 211 around Spa tomorrow.... Ron will also be taking my Cup out for a few laps...

...more on that soon...!

:thumbup:

In my hands the 211 is as quick as the cup around the Nordschleife.

Very curious about the lap times around Spa with Ron as a driver! Wish I was there, but I ran out of holidays and don't have new tires on the cup yet :'(   have a great time there and please make a full lap video of Ron in the cup!

@Stu

Aaah should have come to Brünchen for a moment. Terrible I've missed you. But hell for the best, didn't want to get a burst tire on the 'schleife. Thought all you English guys were still sleeping till noon :harhar: Great to hear you enjoyed the track, there is nothing like it and you get more enjoyment every lap, there's so much progress to make. The down part is that every other track becomes boring afterwards, even Spa.

Ooh I have some tales to tell from today..... my car vs 991 GT3, 211 and Komotec 430 Exige V6S, then Ron Simons took me round Spa in my car. I wasn't looking forward to that bit but it was the 2nd best roller coaster I've ever been on. The best was the 211! Video evidence of it all will be posted up soon. But Lotus have done a serious job on the V6 Cup. It literally never ceases to amaze me. A bigger step up over a V6S for track work than I had fully appreciated.

Ron's lap coming soon Waky, watch this space! I think it will be a popular video. It was a great experience but I was doing eau rouge so differently it's crazy, I feel like a real mug! Had to work hard to live with a 458 and was a bit disappointed in the morning but found out it was a Speciale, so there's a limit to what 345bhp can keep up with around Spa and by the look of it Ferrari horsepower figures are not so exaggerated these days! I think the Cup can gain a little on the brakes though and they are matched mid-corner. Better stop now and start writing up the trip properly!

Hope everyone gets home alright it was great to see 4 V6 Cups together today. Next year we'll get these Belgians to show up and make it 6.
  • Like 1

I'm still at Spa! Finding it very hard to leave! Sorely tempted to get back out there and try to put Ron tips into practice but I think the car and the tyres have done all I could ask of them and a fair bit more!

Hi Diego,

We will definitely be going back and will post up a thread. I'm guessing it will be spring 2015 though now for me. I've got one track day booked in December at Silverstone and guessing time will run out to schedule anything else in.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

:animier: Can't wait till next trip to NS.

Definitly this year since I bought a 25 lap card last sunday :X But since nobody really knows what will change under the new Capricorn ownership starting off next year, it's now the time to enjoy the NS touristenfahrten as it used to be..

Looks like the calender is running out of dates :hope:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/drives-fun/drives/tourist-rides/tourist-rides-nordschleife/opening-times-nordschleife.html

Ah, another highlight!

No Stu, I meant 'winglets' as in small plastic aero parts for the nose that only actually apply downward pressure to my bank account!

No connection to any variety of aquatic bird!

:D

Some inspiration for next year and also some context for Ron's lap.

Great battle, well worth a watch.

I can say that the V6 Cup matched the CupR's top speed down the Kemmel straight, and I saw a bit more after a tow!

:thumbup: