Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone installed Ramspott & Brandt Shocks & Springs? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone installed Ramspott & Brandt Shocks & Springs?

Hi, has anyone installed the Ramspott & Brant ' Suspension kit- S-350' shocks and springs (Order-Nr.: 10728  http://www.ramspott-brandt.de/ section 'Esprit 1988 onwards-Suspension')? If yes, I'd appreciate your feedback. If possible could you also share what spring rates you installed?

These shocks & springs look very similar to www.pukesprit.de 'Fully adjustable suspension Type S-350' in the Chassis-Suspension section.

Regards,

Peter.

Personal I'd avoid the retailer based on previous experience.

Nitron, who make the suspension for the Exige V6 Cup (and also Bloodhound!) are developing some Esprit suspension. If I were you, I'd hang on for that or go with the Lotus Billy/Eibach setup :)

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Nitron, who make the suspension for the Exige V6 Cup (and also Bloodhound!) are developing some Esprit suspension. If I were you, I'd hang on for that or go with the Lotus Billy/Eibach setup :)

Oh pray tell do you know when and how much this is likely to be? its on my future list of things to do.

• Gold FFM

as often said - PUK is a friend of Steffen & Olaf, so that's why you can find the same offers in both shops  ..main difference is the listed price, as the German tax rate is not listed in the same way.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I've got that set although when I bought it it wasn't sold as being developed for the S-350. 

The springs are from KW who are considered to be pretty good. Here's their site - http://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/home/

I don't recall the spring rate off the top of my head but will take a look and update this post over the weekend.

Important to know is that one of the shocks was shot shortly after the 3 year warranty expired. I wouldn't re-buy this set for that reason. Its not like I'm doing silly miles, track days or weigh as much as Günter. 

I think Bibs comment about the retailer is also worth taking into account. 

If I were re-newing now I'd go for absolute quality rather than adjustability. They are fun to mess about with but I'm not sure the longevity is there. In fact with this set I know its not. 

HTH

Charlie

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

you little boy   ...  :harhar:

"...Its not like I'm doing silly miles, track days or weigh as much as Günter.

HTH

Charlie  "

• Like 1

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..