Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Why no Stevens/SE die-cast or scale models? - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Why no Stevens/SE die-cast or scale models?

shadeone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the official word from Auto Art:

"We have to study the information thoroughly before we can discuss the matter with Lotus company. They are the one to give out the license before cars can be made. So, it will take quite a while.

Best regards,

Gateway Global Ltd"

shade

See Auto art, dunno about the JPS but they do a good Essex model imo.

Die cast cars are not that hard to convert, if you wanted to just buy an S1, get a screwdriver and take the lot apart and re-spray it...dead easy, done it loads of times. The details are a little harder but there are companies that do water slide pin stripe and lettering for scale models - eBay & google are your friend.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

"We have to study the information thoroughly before we can discuss the matter with Lotus company. They are the one to give out the license before cars can be made. So, it will take quite a while.

Best regards,

Gateway Global Ltd"

shade

I emailed Autoart ages back when word of the 1:18 model came out (although not the model!). They were not interested at all, so you have made a massive step forward with this. I have emailed again, lets get a petition up!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I bought one of those Maisto cars off Ebay a couple of months back to use as reference, to try and make a 1:10th scale radio controlled car body shell.

I wanted it to take measurements, but once I measured it all, it turns out it's proportions were way out.

Looking from the side view, it looks good. When I measured it's width and scaled it up, it worked out the car was over a foot narrower then the real car from what I could tell from the dimensions on Lotus Esprit World models data.

So my V8 project is on stop, but I've just bought a 1:18th 79 model, and I may opt to try and make a 79 body using the measurements from that.

I have a black Hot Wheels V8 B)

But not the one with the "blinged out" rims :D

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Best regards,

Gateway Global Ltd"

shade

Reply from Autoart;

"We will consider making Lotus SE and GT3 in the future"

One small step for man.... one giant leap for LEF

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 2 weeks later...

Digging in my sons car collection :

This one is for Kimbers :

aside the color, I think it is THE worst SE depiction.

McD's Exige :

the headlights glow and underfloor light as well.

And then : Lesney Productions : 1975 !! I guess one of my first Matchboxes :

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

• 9 months later...

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but the "Johnny Lightning" Esprits are all Stevens SE cars. They label them as the S1 and Turbo (Giugiaro) and James Bond cars, but they are plainly and clearly Stevens cars painted to look like the Bond cars.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

the maisto models, are SE highwings so therefore stevens cars, in silver, red and blue, lots of silver ones on ebay, other two colour harder to find, I have a blue one in each quarterlight

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I have 4 each of unbuilt Monagram Sport 300 and 88 esprit plus a bunch of misc parts for these models. I bought them from a guy on ebay that was converting these plastic models into slot cars.

i just got a response from them after asking what the status was and they simply said:

"we are making the europa s"

way to NOT address ANY of my questions in my email!!! seriously, anyone reading this, send them a simple email saying you want a car that has actually been featured in a few movies and is a really popular car among the esprit owners worldwide...

shade

that green one might be easy to mod into a stock looking SE, minus the glass back...

thanks!!

here is the online shop with alot of Lotus car models

click page 1 and page 7

there are 4 LeMan S300 models (#44,#45,#53,#61)

http://www.carmodel.net/start.php?TE9UVVM8...jw6Pi0xLTw6PjE=

I have a couple of the blue maisto ones. Also a silver and one of the red ones. I also have one that someone has carefully resprayed in white.

I've been a bit anal recently and slowly been buying as many of the diferent model depictions of the car as possible. Sad I know but it is surprising how many of the cars that have been modelled.

I'll check to see what the S1 model kit is that I have (not built yet) it is nicely detailed. I was also fortunate to get some of the monogram kits.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

• 1 year later...

i know this thread is old but instead of starting a new one, i figure id add to the already growing list of info in this great thread!

there are 1/64 scale plastic slot car bodies of stevens (SE) esprits on ebay right now...

99_1.JPG

auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-64-H-O-SCALE-20-PETG...p3286.m20.l1116 (there are lots available)

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Monogram has an Exotic Car Series model Lotus Esprit Turbo (1:24 scale). I am currently building it and it has parts to make it an SE or X180.

I always thought these just had a simple spoiler you could include to make it more close to the.... does it have different side sills and a different front and rear bumper that match the SE?

can you take any pics of the SE parts?

Can it make an S4?

I bought two of these models a few years back in the hope of turning one into an S4. After a year of re-modelling the front bumper, side skirts and rear wing - in my eyes it was a dismal failure.

In fact I was so unhappy with the result, the car received a simulated engine fire on youtube. :-(

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017