Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ferrari 430 Spider, Dalgety Bay, Fife - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ferrari 430 Spider, Dalgety Bay, Fife

hedgerley

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, but would you want to be seen out in it? I'd rather be seen in yours - genuinely.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Too kind.

Chap round the corner from me recently acquired a new AM Vanquish. Interestingly he had a V8 Esprit parked in his garage for several years. Never saw it out and about though. Come to think if it, I've only seen his Vanquish parked on his drive, never on the road.

Is there such a thing as arm chair sports car enthusiast?

Is that not a speculator by another name hoping values will rise? :book:

I could say what I said as I had effectively unlimited access to a mates F355 for 2 years back in the late 90's before he emigrated to Houston and I drove it plenty but never returned it once without at least one aspect of the drive experience being uncomfortable on the day, and that was usually the unwanted attention it garnered.  I could afford a 2nd hand Fezza these days but am not even slightly interested as I have so got one out of my system!

However the Porker 996 C4S he had as his everyday car was awesome and I can see why they have the following.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

He's probably embarrassed to take it out as it has the old gearbox, not the whizzy 8-speed that's just been released (in the Rapide S as well). But then again I'm probably the only nerd in the village who would know that... :smoke:

I know what you mean about the Ferrari though. Even for a car nut like me, even though the are without a doubt wonderful machines, they just don't hit the spot. I would never criticise anyone for buying one, same with Porsche. They both make great cars, but just not for me. And I couldn't tell you why. Weird.  :huh: