Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Famous Lotus owners - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Famous Lotus owners

:o Hi all just trying to contribute to the forum .how many famous owners can we come up with .my turbo esprit was owned by lotus used as a road test car .owned by pete hall raced by andy rouse also owned by my favourate driver gerry marshall . a few more i can think of but i will shut up on that one .and see what we can come up with cheers mike.ps dont own the turbo any more now a s3 fantastic cars but we know that

Here's some ex-famous owners cars out there:

One of the guys from BROS had a white SE :o

TV Chef Gary Rhodes had an S4 or GT3

Mark thatcher had an Essex Turbo

Robin Williams has an '85 turbo

(previous owner of mine was a lady who

worked for the subaru world rally team!!!)

:o

i have got a few more .the late ronnie petterson had as2 supplied by lotus also mario andretti also s2 nigel mansell early turbo noel edmounds early turbo mike read aneka rice any more out there

Indeed.. the guy I bought my car form was selling Anneka Rice's Gay Blue Turbo and I even saw the seat that famous bum used to sit in!

...and my car's an '86 thanks Paul :o

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I remember a couple of years ago, a member of the Turbo Esprit mailing list bought Belinda Carlisle's 1988 Esprit. Belinda, was the lead singer of the Go Go's (the famous 80s band). Apparently Belinda drove the Esprit around with her high heels since she left marks in the leather. For her Bio: (http://www.belinda-carlisle.com/)

Unfortunately Belinda's Esprit later perished in a crash/fire.

-Chandra

91SE

(seeking other MY91 SEs to establish a registry)

Edited by chandrab

It was a Pearlwhite HC Turbo, I believe was sold early this year for about 23G. It only had 6 k on the clock. I saw it on the Club Lotus stand at the NEC Classic car show a couple of weeks ago.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Unfortunately Belinda's Esprit later perished in a crash/fire.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just like her career! :o

(she writes now so will actually be making more money than she ever would as a performer!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

:o Hi all just trying to contribute to the forum .how many famous owners can we come up with .my turbo esprit was owned by lotus  used as a road test car .owned by pete hall  raced by andy rouse  also owned by my favourate driver gerry marshall . a few more i can think of  but i will shut up on that one .and see what we can come up with  cheers mike.ps dont own the turbo any more now a s3 fantastic cars  but we know that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A couple of years ago I saw an S2 for sale, in the advertisement it claimed the car was previously owned by John Tesh. I think it was brown.

i have got a few more .the late ronnie petterson had as2 supplied by lotus also mario andretti also s2 nigel mansell early turbo  noel edmounds early turbo mike read  aneka rice  any more out there

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess that, if we include Team Lotus drviers' cars, we should incllude Colin Chapman. I'm sure he owned an Esprit or 2.

Did Nigel Mansell get one when he was driving for the team?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

ithink nigel mansell was given one by lotus .paul matty sold the x colin chapman turbo .it can be seen on lotus esprit world owners page .what a car .noel edmounds car could be seen on the saturday night early eightys tv show ,showing him drive off ithink it was an x reg red car might be wrong.the show was the late breakfast show .my wife thinks i should get a life .she is only jokeing .ihope mike

is this the car that was found in a garage that was actually driven by a very close female friend of mr chapmans?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Just like her career! :P

(she writes now so will actually be making more money than she ever would as a performer!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BITCHY . !!!!!! :o:o:o

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Well, minor celebrity:

My S4 was previously owned by Christian Silk. When he had the car he was a race engineer for Benetton F1 team. He's now the Chief Test Engineer for Renault F1.

It would be very interesting to know which of these people still have an Esprit.

I wonder if Edmonds still has his since he's a massive petrol head. Wouldn't mid seeing his garage. I saw his original GT 40 at a car show yonks ago. No idea if he still has that either...

Ian

Just like her career! :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think she did pretty well considering...

Frontwoman for the GoGos!

Heaven on Earth went Heptuple Platinum in 1987, 7 weeks at number 1

Runaway Horses went Sextuple Platinum in 1989, 5 weeks at number 1

Several 'minor' albums since then... all multi-platinums and one gold.

Remember in her day she was competing with the premier league of pop artists (Jacko, Madonna, Whitney, Mercury, etc) so she's done alright :o

belindacarlisle.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a ride with her... :o

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Ok.... I'd better clarify that a bit!

It was a ride in a lift! lmao

When I was signed to EMI, my singer, manager and I shared a lift with her...

Suddenly it doesn't sound so cool! :o

When I was signed to EMI, my singer, manager and I shared a lift with her...

Sounding a bit desperate here Fishy, so i'll offer some

equally desperate famous person name drops of my own:

:o

I saw Noel Edmunds once, on the M4, in one of his GT40's

In 1981 when i was at school in Coventry, a kid in my class Craig McDevitt

had an Uncle who played bass in the band 'King' (famous for their big suits

and the smash single 'love and pride').

In the early nineties i met and had a chat with Jonathan King at a mettalica gig.

I once had a pint with a chap who was sinead o'conners ex-boyfriend

I touched John pertwee's jacket AND he was dressed as wurzel at the time.

I have seen the late John Thaw many times filming in oxford.

And recently Martin Clunes, who is very tall.

A mate of mine was once told to 'F off' by that 'charmer' Nigel Havers.

Sebastian Coe lied to my face once, and i'll never forgive him.

As you can clearly see fishy, it is not only

yourself that can rub shoulders with the stars.

B)