Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2nd November LEGS Breakfast meet @ Carfraemill Hotel, Carfraemill - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2nd November LEGS Breakfast meet @ Carfraemill Hotel, Carfraemill

Sorry of the late notice regarding the next LEGS Breakfast meet which will be on Sunday 2nd November at The Carfraemill Hotel, Carfraemill, situated on the junction between the A68 and A697. Usual times, meet 10:00am, breakfast 10:30am and depart around midday.

Breakfast Menu

For those interested we could meet at Hermiston Gate from 9:15am ready to leave by 9:30am. Google Maps Route.

Some of you will remember we stopped off at Carfraemill a few years ago for tea after a visit to The Jim Clark Rooms in Duns. I had hoped we could revisit the Jim Clark museum but it closes at the end of October.

After breakfast there are many options for a "blast" around the borders, responsibly of course. :driving:  :police: 

One possible drive from Carfraemill could be to St Mary's Loch, Biggar, Hermiston Gate. I don't know all of these roads but will try and check out the route beforehand, so if anyone thinks this route is unsuitable please let me know and obviously I am open to alternative suggestions. A decision could be made on the day depending on the weather.

1: bingoking + Jackie

Well so much for the Bibsmeister Window's Explorer 7 'fix' for copy and paste.  Still can't when offshore. 

Brian can you update the list for adding me only please.

(+ 0 almost definitely as out on the Sat night and one of the kids is staying o'night with his GF and that will be more important than LEGS)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Copy & Paste works on a Mac!

2: Jason

3: Al. +0

3: Al. +0?

4: Dave & Sharon

Cant make this one... have a good time folks.

Not sure I'll make it. but about the route, you might want to think twice about that section of minor road past Talla/Megget reservoirs. It's really scenic, but narrow with difficult passing. Better going round Moffat, I find. A701 all the way back is a great road.

will make it but not in lotus, will explain my problem over breakfast

No problems John, we have had Volvos, Minis, Porches and even a Dancing Donkey come along to our breakfast meets. You will be more than welcome. Will you have a passenger with you?

Not sure I'll make it. but about the route, you might want to think twice about that section of minor road past Talla/Megget reservoirs. It's really scenic, but narrow with difficult passing. Better going round Moffat, I find. A701 all the way back is a great road.

Bobby

Thanks for the input regarding the route.

5: John & Marge

6: Duggie & Susan

7: el-torro

5: John & Marge
6: Duggie & Susan
7: el-torro
8: Hedgerley +1
9: Andrew & Alister 

10: Mike C

11. Arnold

Plan to go to Hermiston Gait at 9.15am

Is anyone going to be meeting up at Hermiston Gait at 9.15am or all so far just meeting at the Carfraemill Hotel at 10.30am?

Yes, the plan is to meet at Hermiston Gate at around 9:15am and depart at 9:30am.

I had hoped to do the suggested route before Sunday but just haven't had time. I have had a look at it on Google Maps Street View and it does look quite narrow with passing places. Might be OK for a single car but if we have a convoy I don't think the passing places would be adequate. We could go round by Moffat after St Mary's Loch or double back and head back to Edinburgh via Peebles.

Might just make this now.....

Sarah is at Uni in Edinburgh so if she is free tomorrow afternoon I will come along and then stop and see her on the way back.

If i am going to make it i will see you at Hermiston but if I'm not there by 9:20 then assume i am not coming.

Weather looks good so it should be a great day out!

Might just make this now.....

Sarah is at Uni in Edinburgh so if she is free tomorrow afternoon I will come along and then stop and see her on the way back.

If i am going to make it i will see you at Hermiston but if I'm not there by 9:20 then assume i am not coming.

Weather looks good so it should be a great day out!

I'll be coming to Hermiston Gate tomorrow as well.

Mike T.

Look forward to seeing you both.