CAM BELT CHANGE - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

CAM BELT CHANGE

espritpassion

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it can be done with the engine in place.

Search the forum with the search function for more about the cambelt change.

Do switch of the capitals in your posts as it is poor reading and it is associated as not being friendly.

Freek

Esprit Freak

had mine done last saturday by a garage and took 3 hours, no big stress,,,,lotus will say it takes 24-30 hours,,,,,there liers

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

24 hours! For a cambelt change? Is Kiefer Sutherland in there somewhere??

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

24 hours! For a cambelt change? Is Kiefer Sutherland in there somewhere??

Did it myself about 3 months ago, took about 7 hours first go 'round. The biggest pain was getting the alternator belt back on the pulley.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

go on sjsportscars site matey, there

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

HELLO LOTUS FRIEND

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF FOR TO CHANGE THE CAM BELT IS NECESSARY TO TAKE AWAY THE ENGINE IN A LOTUS ESPRIT GT3 2.0 CC

PLEASE ANSWER URGENT

HELP ME!!!!!!!

Espritpassion, did the car make the journey ok? was it 900 miles you were doing? Just wondering how you got on..

Dear Friend

Please let me know if the cam belt is same one to that one of an other car,

now I do not remember which......

a unofficial Lotus dealer has said to me that the cambelt is same to an other car and it's can put in my esprit gt3???!!!!????

Thanks for your reply

Alessandro

Hi, I'm told that the peugeot 405mi16 cam belt is the same as the lotus. Its a hell of a lot cheaper but i must admit to still splashing out on genuine article as better safe than sorry and i only wanted to do the job once!