Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Creaky front shocks - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Creaky front shocks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on my forth set of FARB bushes, they keep wearing out. Might be the grief I give them on the bumpy Oxfordshire roads....

However when mine started creaking (symptoms similar to yours) it was one of the front suspension bushes. Done under warantee anyway.

cheers

C43

Well it went in to Lipscomb, and there view it that it needed a bit of a lube up.  So let's see if the creaking comes back after a while as mentioned by someone else.  right now is seems to be fixed, and they found no real wear, so let's see.

Well I guess it depends on what is actually the problem. Mine were not actually worn, replacing them only showed the noise at the time was from something else, which I eventually tracked down myself as being the radiator exit air shroud. 

• 1 month later...

My bush needs a good lubing too, so I'm interested to hear of progress/experience from other people who've had a creaky bush drama down below too. Should be getting Dex booked in within a couple of weeks to have it sorted - as well as a 3rd (or 4th?) rear left light unit fitting. They keep failing (flickering, some LEDs not lighting, various dramas). I am pretty sure it's a wiring issue not a light unit issue - unless I'm hugely unlucky with light units - but I have to bow to the greater experience of MMC Edinburgh and just keep taking him back for new lights every few months.......