Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nice Eclat at auction - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nice Eclat at auction

Herc

This is really a good nice looking car, and they are getting rare, if there is a Elite into this condition, i am also interested!

(good colour also!)

hmmm...have you zoomed the pictures? looks nice and clean on first view...but thats all....

rather dirty enginebay

check the area on the front bumper behind the number plate mount: still dirty, the easy accessable area was cleaned.

looks like the car was stried long time, collecting dust and a quick clean for the auction pics....

5k starting, 10k expected??? lol....i would say its a 3.5k car

any prove of the chassis being galvanized?

no suspension pictures

waistband trim front left scratched

rubber-trim around rear bumper (towards body) not well fitted.

rusty tailpipes

non-period radio fitted

i know those are fussy details.....but we talk about an expected 10k sales price!!!

I spoke to Michael who is the guy in charge over there at the Auction. Put him right on a few things in his write up on the car, about who designed it etc. Had a great chat. He's a Lotus freak himself and has a mk2 Lotus Cortina and is looking to buy a Mk1. I told him I thought the 4 seater Lotus's will be a great investment as they are so cheap.

Be interesting to see what it makes!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

If we keep talking down the value of our cars we are all losers Ax. I'm sick of seeing cars that used to be a pittance go ballistic no matter how crap they are whilst ours sink (£125000 Fiat Dinos and £20000 Capris?) Don't you think they have their own little set of problems? Do their owners moan about them all over the forums or just sit back and smile?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

7000 pounds is not a lot of money for a Lotus. I agree with Mark and say why do "we" always talk down the value of our cars?

7000 pounds buys you a 4 year old Ford Focus.

We're talking about a Lotus here!!!

I would pay 10k for that Éclat if I didn't have my Elite. I have spent WAY more than that on my car and it's not finished yet!

• 4 weeks later...

we shoud not forget: the car was auctioned in germany. outside UK those cars are often sold 50-70% higher than in UK...but usually including local registration documents.

the problem with the "E" models is, that the value is so low, that any investment will not pay-off.

i agree, you can easily spent 10k or more in restoring a basket-case, but finally the vlaue will not increase proportional.

restoring classisc cars, besides some brands and models, is always a money-loosing-business.

Edited by Elite7

I think the value will increase substantially.

When I sold my S4, 5 years ago, I was offered a low mileage lovely V8 for £12-14,000. Now you can't get a decent one under £20k. Excels have already shown signs of improving with values 2 years ago, for a good one at £2.5 to 4.5k. Now I regularly see them sell at £5k to 7k.

I think any classic Lotus will appreciate and I think the 4 seaters are a great investment waiting to happen!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer